A Fellowship To Engage With Mental Health, Gender, Sustainability, And More!

The Counter Speech Fellowship is on now on the floor! The applications for YLAC Counter Speech Fellowship Program are now open!

The YLAC Counter Speech Fellowship with Instagram engages creative and artistically inclined teens to use the power of visual storytelling to lead change. Hinged on using arts for advocacy, the fellowship is looking for 30 exceptional teenagers in these cities to start meaningful conversations on themes important to them.

The YLAC Counter Speech Fellowship with Instagram engages creative teens to use the power of visual storytelling to start meaningful conversations on issues important to young citizens around the world. As an incubator for the future generation of leaders and activists, the fellowship is built around three pillars – awareness, support and advocacy.

Fellows are mentored and encouraged to build powerful content and the most inspiring work is promoted on Instagram. The themes for the 2020 fellowship are: Bullying, Diversity, Mental Wellbeing, Body Positivity, Gender Equality, and Sustainability.

This is a fully funded, two-month-long, weekend-only engagement that provides fellows with opportunities to interact with and be mentored by campaigners, social media influencers and content champions. The overall duration of the fellowship is two months and the schedule is easy to accommodate alongside regular school work and examinations.

The fellowship is run by Young Leaders for Active Citizenship (YLAC) in collaboration with Instagram. Applications close on 10th May 2020.

Note about Covid-19: This fellowship is scheduled to run from July to September 2020 and we are really hoping that the world will return to normal by then. We are also geared up to conduct the fellowship completely online, so do apply! 🙂

I am sure you would know of talented artists and creative teens who can develop themselves as future change-makers – so help us connect with them!

Please note that the application deadline is on 10th May, 2020!

Feel free to share the information! Contact us at office@theylacproject.com/ riddhi@theylacproject.com