#BoysLockerRoom: Chat Groups Casually Body-Shaming And Sexualising Minor Girls Exposed

The day was about to come to an end when, last night, a Twitter user and an Instagram user used their social media handles on the respective platforms to expose a group on Instagram by the name of “Bois Locker Room”. It consists of teenage boys aged between 15-18 years roughly, from South Delhi, ever so casually discussing rape and engaging in body-shaming and slut-shaming. The group was used to share images of minor girls without their consent and sexualise their bodies through extremely vulgar language. It was also used to discuss sexual assault as a sexual fantasy.

Shows permission to recirculate the information put up by the concerned user.  Source: Instagram
Source: Instagram. List of Participants before they changed their usernames/ deactivated their accounts

Apparently, several Snapchat forums have similar exchanges between minor boys with images of underage girls belonging to their social or internet circles.

The concerned profile of the Instagram user also revealed very shocking details about gangrape threats as a result of her having exposed this group of underage individuals engaging in degrading activity.

Source: Instagram

This racket does not begin and end here. There is another group consisting of some underage girls as well, who took an active part in a similar exchange and enabled other underage boys who partook in misogynistic and degrading conversation about fellow underage women among their cyber/social circles. The user found proof of that as well.

Source: Instagram

Cyberbullying is the reason for degrading mental health, risk of an increase in suicides and self-harm and other issues among Teenagers across the world. It is time that the State realises that young girls are exposed to horrific scrutiny and misogyny by underage boys who are part of their social media/ social circles.

After these women exposed the group with the help of screenshots, the members started to change their usernames in fear. Several netizens took to their social media handles and tagged official social media handles of Delhi Police, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia. Some even took to tagging other prominent political figures and NGOs.

Note: The title of the post was altered after an update reported that the group discussing gangrape was different from the one mentioned above.