This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Manisha Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

A Strong Moral Environment May Help Us Cope Better With Problems. Here’s How.

More from Manisha Singh

Each person is unique. No two persons are exactly alike, no matter how similar they are genetically or even in their ideas, education, and beliefs. Identity is unique to every individual in terms of the genes they inherit, their rational thinking, their traditions with respect to their cultural background, ethics in accordance with communal beliefs, and the values one gets from society, family as well as their self-consciousness.

Ethics: The Building Block Of Society

The actions that one undertakes, in terms of statements and decisions, are guided by a number of aspects. The philosophical and community ethics become the guiding light here. A person may hold some religious beliefs, which may be part of their professional and work ethics and emotional consciousness.

This may overall make up the disposition of an individual. Ethics are important to shape the background reasoning in the decisions a person takes with respect to being a part of a community. Education and scientific temper also influence the ethics of a society.

Instinct: The Subconscious Reaction

Instinct is a split-second reaction or reasoning,  response, or course of action. They are not thoughtful and are rather a subconscious reaction. Every animal has biological instincts that cause the reactions and actions taken during varying moments of their lifetime. Human beings are social, intelligent beings, who live not just for survival but also are a part of complex communities, the working mechanism of society, communication, and development. Instinct in human beings has a broader sense than just survival.

Instincts are subconscious and instant reactions. It may be a response to a sudden unprecedented moment of fear, fright, threat, emotional response, or unpredicted life situation. Some might involve an adrenaline rush, some are pleasant, while some are dreaded.

Can instincts have a reason or rationality behind it? Perhaps! Because people react differently out of instinct when under a rushed situation which demands an immediate response! There is definitely a line of reasoning behind every person who responds.

This may again be with respect to deeply held opinions, values, and personal ethics. Sometimes people realize what they just said or did, right after they have done so, in a moment of emotional response out of their natural instinct. A person’s education, background, and personal beliefs have an effect on their subconsciousness which somehow determines how they react under certain situations.

Values: The Modern Solution To Our Modern Problems

The moral principles that a person holds greatly influence their actions. It may be derived from communities, their respective beliefs, and their moral code of conduct. They may also be inherited from family, for which one may hold a deep sense of respect. They may also be entirely personal based on past experience, self-evaluation, rational thinking, and consciousness.

A strong moral environment may help us cope better with our problems. Values are the rationality behind most personal actions an individual takes in his life. They are mindful reasoning of a person’s choices, which are again dependent on a number of aspects. Education and ethics may shape a person’s value which may also change over time with experience. While all considerations are important to analyze the action one undertakes or the words one chooses to speak, values are an important aspect of such determination.

The choices that one makes may be due to complex reasons, and their origin maybe even more complex to trace. Still, in a broader sense, ethics, traditions, education, scientific temper, and values are attributes of the choices a person makes in his personal and professional life. Moral values are important in order to solve a number of social challenges that exist today.

It can be taught through education to a significant degree. Moral values in the social system as well in the personal environment of an individual need to be inculcated. This is the guiding light to solve a number of problems around us. Moral education and awareness have the potential to make this world better and more beautiful.

Featured image is for representational purposes only.

More from Manisha Singh

By AgentsofIshq

By Zemima Khan

By Simran Mendon