This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Abhinav Pandey. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

How The Lockdown Has Been A Boon

More from Abhinav Pandey

I have been hearing a lot of complaints, requisitions, and negative experiences from people during this lockdown phase. Friends and relatives with whom I am communicating on a regular basis are getting anxious and frustrated sitting at home without doing anything.

Lockdown has impacted a lot of lives, where for some people, the lockdown has not been easy as it has brought a lot of family conflicts and mental breakdown but on the other hand for some people, it has been beneficial. I belong to the second category of people.

Once a great personality rightly said that whatever and wherever you work, you must ensure that you have dinner together with your family because it is the family that will be with you always and forever. I have been trying to practice the same for years.

Now when the circumstances have forced people to stay at home and spend quality time with their family, then a lot of conflicts and arguments are happening within the family. One must realize that this period of lockdown should be recognized as a period of problem-solving where family issues can be resolved by arbitration.

The Lockdown phase has been very beneficial for me so far in many aspects. It provided me the “time” that I needed desperately to introspect within myself and explore my hidden talents and ability. Prior to the lockdown, the competition had been so steeped within the minds of the people, that people had forgotten the importance of time and how time alone can provide solutions to many problems. Time has a great potential to heal almost all worries and sadness that has become a part of the lives of the people.

I always believed in the saying “Give Time Some Time” and everything will be alright.

I discovered myself during this lockdown phase and polished my already existing talents when I started contributing more time to the things I liked. I also took up new hobbies like sketching and singing that were otherwise a challenge for me. Not only grooming my inner-self, but I also started paying attention to my soft skills and communication as I made a habit of reading.

The first sketch of my life which I made was of my wife and I even dedicated a song for her on her birthday. The sketch was the best gift for my wife and she said that no luxuries could beat this gift. That was really a special compliment for me. Buying a gift from the market is easy but contributing time in developing a gift is a blessing.

I know that people must be wondering why I am sharing all these things on this platform. I could have written this article as a post on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc. but I have a feeling that people do not read the written posts on social media.

My only purpose to write down this article is to make people cognizant of the fact that every single moment is important in life and we must love this lockdown phase amid the Covid crisis. If it has put the world on hold, then it has also revived nature. We must always try to take the positives out of everything.

More from Abhinav Pandey

By Jagisha Arora

By Ajeet MalHoTRa

By Priya Prakash