This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Abinash Azad. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

“Maa, There’s So Much I Want To Say When I See You Next Time”

More from Abinash Azad

Maa, it’s been a long time since I met you. Almost one and a half years, but the only question I want to ask you which you’ve been asking me for one and a half years is: how are you?

I know again, you will smile, looking at me, and again, you will be silent as usual. Several times you had asked me, are you happy there? But do you know why I left home? After a year of silence, I want to tell you the truth.

Maa, I had left my place just because I didn’t want to see your crying face. I have seen you crying many times by hiding your face behind the pillow, but I didn’t question you. I know it is difficult to maintain the state level debate champion’s spirit after becoming a part of a soothing life. And you managed it so well. I haven’t seen any woman yet who sacrificed her entire life dedicated to the well-being of others.

Maa...You're The Truth
Maa, you’re the truth. Image provided by the author.

At such a young age, you gave birth to us and never thought about yourself. I know you didn’t share any of your problems with us because you feel that if you tell us about the storms which you had been passed in those days, we will become imperatively slower. But now, you can share those incidents with us. Both of us are at a stage where we can bear all possibilities of all the hazards of life.

Maa, you always say that you see your elder brother’s reflection in me, and you have always motivated me to be like him. Even though he is not in this world, I’m trying to fulfill his dreams. I’m not the perfect son as I failed to keep my promises. Several times, I have poured my sorrows on your head, and many times, you have just smiled after knowing those mistakes.

Still, I’m trying to find the perfect way to apologise to you. But time has never given me the chance to stand with the truth.  I’m not able to say everything over here because those words will only drift from me when I am in front of you.

In such a gloomy situation, your son is serving his country. I know every day you hear my voice on the news channel, but I’m waiting for the day when I will be there with you.

Love you Maa.

More from Abinash Azad

By Birbal Jha

By Snigdha Gupta

By Anisha Reddy