This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Dr Amir MCh NeuroSX AIIMS. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Mother’s Day: A Letter To His Mother By AIIMS Doctor

For representational purposes .

Dear mother,

I am writing you this letter in advance to wish you my love and my prayers on the most revered day, i.e. MOTHER’S DAY. Though all the days in my life belong to you no less than this day, but still let’s walk with the society and celebrate this special day for you.

On this day, I just want to thank you for bringing me into this world and raising me in best ways. Thank you for making me what I am today.

As I remember my childhood days, I know how hard it was for you to control me and make me interested in studying.

Because of your efforts, I was able to learn Arabic, and because of your motivations I went to school everyday.

I know how hard it was for you to send me to hostel and a different city when I was just 15. I still remember how much I used to miss you. The teachings you gave me keep me motivated to do better in my life.

And when I was not selected for MBBS and was thinking of giving up, then you and only your words made me stand up again. I know when I was giving the exam, at the same time you were praying every second for my success. I remember when I was selected by a medical college and was very elated, you told me that it was a very serious responsibility and to be kind and helpful to each and every one.

While I was doing MS, one day when I came late to the room and there was nothing to eat as almost everything was closed, I remembered how you used to cook fresh food for me at midnight multiple times whenever I would feel hungry.

Dear mother, I want to be with you as your hair are becoming greyish everyday, but I am really sorry for not giving you time because of my duty; but again, thank you for understanding me and my profession. I know now you are becoming old, and you need me and miss me when you see all my siblings and cousins around you but not me, and I know how much I want to be with you.

I understand your concerns and your multiple dialings of my number with different pretext and excuses each time. I know you just want to listen my voice and to know whether I am okay or not.

I know how much you pray for my operations to be successful and my patients to become healthy.

Well, this is the time to be strong, committed and determined in the face of the biggest threat ever looms over our nation. Dear mother, you must be proud of the fact that your son is at the forefront of this battle and working hard to save the lives of many, so that they meet their mothers or children.

As this threat of corona is still here and I don’t know when I will meet you, I am only praying to the god to keep you and father safe and happy. Whenever I will come, I want to rest in your lap and kiss your beautiful hands. And when we will be together, that will be the happiest moment of my life.

I just want to say

Sleep well my mother,

Sleep well my father,

Another beautiful dawn on its way,

Sleep well my sisters and brother,

There still star in the sky.

Dr Amir

AIIMS BBSR

1. DrAxita

An energy transfer story

More from Dr Amir MCh NeuroSX AIIMS

By Birbal Jha

By Snigdha Gupta

By Anisha Reddy