Career Scope Of Learning Email Marketing From Home With Internshala

Email marketing always tops companies’ preference list when it comes to promoting their products and services to their target customer base. This is because of its cost-effectiveness, reach, flexibility and easy customisation. As per HubSpot, around 86% of professionals choose emails when communicating for business purposes.

Emails allow organisations to reach new customers despite their geographical location, build better relationships with existing ones through content personalisation, and increase conversion and sales. To ensure successful implementation of their email marketing strategies, organisations seek marketers skilled in analytics, strategy creation, data management and copywriting. 

Increasing Requirement Of Skilled Email Marketers

Companies want their mailer campaigns to be interesting and unique every time. To do this, they hire email marketers who strategise accordingly and ensure that the brand’s voice builds the brand image, personality and loyalty in the market, and at the same time, remains constant. Email marketers help organisations in various ways including:

• Increasing the email opening rate: A low open-rate of emails is disappointing and highlights the performance of the company’s email campaigns. Professional email marketers use their creative instincts to ideate, plan and craft brief yet engaging email subject lines that encourage receivers to open the email and read the remaining content.
  • Creating an engaging copy: A grammatically wrong, lengthy, inconsistent and text-only copy could make companies’ efforts go in vain. Email marketers have strong copywriting skills and they can craft attention-grabbing copies as per the mood, tone and purpose of the email. A simple and brief copy with visuals and a call to action button helps in increasing conversions via emails. 

a person working on a laptop, online

• Planning responsive emails: Responsivity of an email also depends on how readable it is on different devices. As more people access emails on mobiles, email marketers plan, customise and test how text looks on different devices like desktop and mobiles before sending it across to the audience for a better user experience. 
  • Targeting segmented audience: Certain organisations produce different products and deliver unique services, and for them, it is important to segment their audience. Imagine Yamaha sending promotional emails of their musical instruments to those who only purchase from Yamaha Motors and vice versa! Sending emails to all customers in the company’s list without considering their preferences, location and buying frequency can create a negative brand image, leading to unsubscription. 
  • Using analytical skills: Marketers have an understanding of email analytical skills, which helps them determine things such as the right set of audience, exact time of sending, type of content and the frequency of sending emails. Through analytics, they read engagement-related data and improvise their strategies accordingly. 

Learning Email Marketing Virtually

There are very few courses that dedicatedly focus only on teaching email marketing concepts. Those who aim to develop a detailed online marketing knowledge should ideally get themselves enrolled in digital marketing training. After getting enrolled, individuals can learn how to create effective email campaigns while developing an understanding of how to reach more customers.

The course gives a detailed knowledge of benefits of email marketing, creating email campaigns with Mail Chimp, best practices of gathering mail ids, A/B testing of mailers, and avoiding spamming. Apart from email marketing, in such training, individuals would be able to learn concepts such as web analytics, mobile marketing, SEO, search engine marketing, advertising and social media marketing. 

Online training has various benefits for those who aim for affordable learn. Managing multiple tasks a day is getting tougher due to hectic college or work schedules. Learning email marketing virtually is just a matter of investing 1-2 hours daily for a period of 4-6 weeks. Without travelling to a physical university classroom or coaching institute, one can enrol in a digital marketing course and develop knowledge of in-demand marketing concepts.

After taking lessons through interactive videos, one can practice and implement the learnt skills through various exercises, quizzes, assignments and an industrial project. The training is also packed with pre-placement assistance, expert support, and a certificate to validate the training for prospective employers. 

Job Role And Career Opportunities For Email Marketers

Email marketers work to promote the company’s offering to its customers and make sure their campaigns align with the marketing strategies being used on other channels. They strategise and design email campaigns, build or buy email lists, design layouts, secure email databases, identify its audience and segment lists, create and proofread copy, test emails for optimisation on different devices, perform split tests A/B, monitor the performance of their campaigns and analyse campaign output. 

Email marketing is an affordable marketing feature through which companies could benefit exponentially. Therefore, almost every industry, whether it is transport, education, telecommunication, healthcare, food etc., require professional email marketers to keep their target customers informed.

Industries such as hospitality, retail, event management and fashion are hotspots for email marketers to find a lucrative job. Skilled and trained email marketing professionals can work in various roles such as email strategist, email designer, email quality assurance specialist, email copywriter and email optimiser. They can independently work as a freelancer for different companies or can have their own marketing agency. 

Courtesy: Internshala Trainings (trainings.internshala.com) – an online training platform