This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Das Chinastudy. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why Resolving The China-India Border Issue During The Pandemic Is A Good Move

The China-India border standoff cannot be mistaken for an act of war, but is on the verge of claiming the sovereignty of the two countries on their acclaimed territories. In this century, when there is a void in world leadership, China wishes to prove that it is the rightful leader. To become a country to lead the world, border issues are a very important factor that need to be resolved.

Between India and China, once and for all, if the border issues get resolved, all differences of opinion would resolve. China and India’s cooperation is vital for the Asian region and its development.

For both China and India, to acquire their rightful position in the world, their border issues need to get resolved at the earliest, while taking into consideration the current pandemic situation. In my opinion, this is the right time to resolve border issues as there are very limited chances for any third country to get involved and cause disturbance in communication between these two countries.

modi and xi jinping shaking hands at the BRICS meeting in 2017.
Narendra Modi and Xi Jinping at the BRICS summit in 2017Image credit: Wikimedia Commons

Both country’s leaders have taken the right decisions by not disclosing information on the current issues to media. These issues are related to the country’s domestic and international defence and security. The duty of every citizen is to help develop the country’s economy in their own capabilities. We should leave the political and governmental affairs to our leaders.

There should be no interference by people in government policies, but it is also a duty of the masses to report any domestic corruption and stand for the rightful requirement of our country’s development. The China-India border issue is a governmental matter, and we should trust our leaders, for they will do the right thing for the benefit of the country and its citizens.

According to my understanding, the current border standoff should be utilised as an opportunity by both country leaders. Once thought impossible, communication today is the key today to resolve the matter. There will be peace and prosperity, which will be a remarkable accomplishment for both leaders and written in history with golden words.

China is the world’s largest manufacturing economy and exporter of goods. It is also the world’s fastest-growing consumer market and second-largest importer of goods. There was a time when China benefited from the USA and became a leading economic country.

It can be understood that India can reap benefits to utilise the same opportunities and develop with the help of China. India has an opportunity to become the world’s largest manufacturing hub and generate infrastructure to export its ‘Made in India’ products to China and the world.

It is a repetitive cycle; in future, when India will lead the world, we too, will help another developing country.

Note: The article was originally published here

More from Das Chinastudy

By Saumya Rastogi

By Aditya Sharma

By aman pradhan