Does actually college matter?

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

I am Supriya, pursuing my degree in law and I am a first generation lawyer. My parents always wanted me to become a doctor, but I wanted to pursue my bachelor in psychology due to some unfortunate event happened in my life, I have to drop the idea of doing psychology. I chose law accidentally after giving a gap of one year. After enrolling myself in the BA L.L.B (Hons) course, I have started getting good marks in the subjects and my interest towards studying law started increasing , gradually I am trying to keep myself involving in co- curricular activities like participating in Moot Courts, attending conferences and presents research paper there and started doing internship but getting Internship is not the easy task .To be very open and honest I am studying in a traditional law school, or better to say small town University which is not very well know unlike other law schools but I never bother about it. I don’t know what students nowadays think of themselves if I would attend any conference or seminars for paper presentation or just for attending it, they ask my college name, it’s ok that you don’t know the name of my University or never heard before but please don’t behave weirdly, how they started treating me like as I came from any other planet, not only students even the professors of the same University started behaving like asking me such stupid questions “where is this University”,”I Never heard it earlier” not so famous one, is it Pvt University or govt one, like how can they be so stupid, please don’t disappoint the student by asking such questions and behaving such weirdly. Does actually college matter? I am not from National Law University nor from any big private University but that doesn’t mean you people behave like that. I faced such kinds of incidents with me. Now coming to the main point while giving an internship, I get tired of applying for an internship, just done one internship in a law firm. They don’t even give a reply to my email, after going through the CV, I have applied more than 250 plus internships but they don’t reply me yet if I get the unfortunately they say slots are not available better you apply in future, like seriously and if I don’t do any Internship in my college days , the recruiters will ask in my job interview where is your internship experience. Getting a job is a long way to say where  not getting an internship how they I’ll get job. Does actually college matter? In one side the recruiters are saying that college doesn’t matter, knowledge matter, skills matter, but on the other side they are specifically mentioned that only top NLUs student can apply for this job why this discrimination then why? , In my point if a student don’t get a chance to develop or sharpen their skills, if they don’t get the chance to explore the practical aspects of the same field how they can update themselves, how they’d know how the field works. Still there is a gap between the students from top University and students who are studying in traditional colleges, still college matter the most. No one is giving a chance to sharpen the skills, in result of that the students like me getting disappointed at every point of time, feeling discouragement. There should be a change in this system where all students get chance.