On 30th June, PM Modi addressed the nation in a 16-minute speech at 4 PM.
Here are some key highlights from his speech:
1) PM Modi said that the timely lockdown and other decisions have saved the lives of millions of people in India, but since unlock one has begun, people have shown negligence.
“India’s efforts has been better than many other nations across the world. However, that being said, ever since Unlock1, we have noticed a certain complacency in our attitude and our cautiousness regarding COVID-19,” said Prime Minister Modi.
2) “The season of cough, fever and cold is about to begin. I urge citizens to take care of themselves. We all will be ‘Vocal for Local’. I appeal to everyone to stay healthy and follow the norms of social distancing and always use a face mask,” said PM Modi
3) PM Modi also announced that the ‘One India, One Ration Card’ scheme is being worked on.
4) The PM said that the Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana scheme has been extended till the end of November 2020. He said, “80 crore people to be fed till November. ₹90,000 Cr to be spent in 5 months.” People under the scheme will get free ration every month, that is 5kg wheat/rice per month, per family.
5) He further said, “On behalf of the entire nation, I would like to thank all the farmers and the taxpayers. You are the reason why India is not going hungry.”