This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Rohit Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

An Independence Day Speech 2020 For Students And Children

More from Rohit Singh

Independence Day Speech

Here you will find the Speech on Independence Day 2020, written in easy and simple words for students.

Very good morning to one and all present here. Respected Principal, Management, dignitaries on stage, beloved teachers, parents and my dear friends, today we are celebrating the 74th Independence Day. The most important day in every Indian citizen is Independence Day. After many years of struggle, our country finally achieved freedom from British rule in the year 1947. Our country became free and independent on the midnight of 15th August 1947 and this day is celebrated every year as Independence Day.

On this day, we Indians have to pay immense tribute to the relentless struggle and sacrifices of our countrymen to achieve freedom for the nation. Freedom fighters of all age groups laid down their lives and sacrificed everything to take part in the freedom struggle movement. This year on Independence Day, let us motivate ourselves to rise high with patriotism.

Let us help our fellow countrymen to blossom in the spirit of freedom and pride. Let us treat all our countrymen equally without discriminating them on the grounds of religion, caste, status, gender or cultural bias. Let us empower each other and help in the growth and development of our nation. Our country exhibits diversity in terms of languages, customs, traditions, cultures, foods and celebrations.

Indian Independence Day

[Image Credit: UPSCBuddy]

From Kashmir to Kanyakumari, our motherland presents variety in people’s lifestyles, their ways of living to the land topology and climatic features. Yet, we consider all our Indians as our brothers and sisters. Hence we Indians strongly believe “Unity in Diversity”. Let us inspire our younger generation to honour the country’s past struggles, let us redefine our country’s glory and keep the spirit of justice and liberty flying high at all times. Let us preach and practice our core values of honesty, peace and co-operation with one another. Let us all take a pledge to stand by one another and protect the country’s dignity from any external malicious forces.

Today after we have come decades ahead of our Independence era with significant economic reforms and liberalization in trade and commerce. Starting from the year 1991, our country changed the outlook of governance. A new India with an enlarged vision and road map for the future was on the cards. The transformation from a snail-paced economy to a rapid growing administration created further inroads for business expansions.

Modernization, backed with innovations helps build top-class infrastructure for our country. As of 2020, we can see higher life expectancy rates with state-of-the-art medical treatments and facilities in every part of the country. The country is slated to see a spike in the number of literates with the implementation of New Education Policy 2020. The per capita income of every household has increased by many folds, creating sustainable development of the nation at all levels.

Providing greater access to electricity and connecting even remote villages is a significant achievement in the recent past. Fewer power cuts and substantial power reserves are created at all significant power plants of the country. Current negotiations with developed nations like the US have helped improve India’s talks on nuclear power deals.

India is also inching fast in tapping unconventional sources of energy like wind energy and solar energy in everyday applications. Another major area where the country can clinch past its opponents is in its oil deals with significant countries like Iran. It’s an enormous feat for domestic Indian markets as almost every house is fitted with an LPG connection today. More than 1 billion citizens have enrolled themselves under the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority) or Aadhaar scheme, a considerable number for any nation.

Under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, the Government can build a toilet for every household and thereby has reduced the practice of urinating in public places. Cleanliness is also a significant campaign of the Government under this scheme. Higher GDP growths in the recent past have indicated higher economic growth indices for the nation. India has always opened its doors to innovations, and the start-up culture is proof enough for this fact. With the arrival of Rafael jets, India has plummeted its defence capabilities by several folds.

India has now become a favourite hotspot for millions of global investors in various sectors. Aviation and space power has continued to draw investor minds into structuring deals with our country. The ongoing global Coronavirus pandemic has not troubled the economic backbone of our country. We have been able to fight back and take the best preventive measures to keep the pandemic at bay. The financial sectors are also aiming at increasing production by stepping up their investments.

More job opportunities for the youth are definitely on the agenda list of the Government. Our nation has been pushing for significant policy reforms and higher visibility in trade and commerce wings. The day is not far off when we would fly in glory as one of the superpowers of the world. Let us all feel proud of being an Indian. Let us dream big and create a brighter future for ourselves and the nation by our sense of dedication and commitment towards work. Let us all contribute towards nation-building and develop a road of prosperity for every Indian to live and thrive!!

Happy Independence Day!

Thank You.

More from Rohit Singh

By शिखा सर्वेश

By JYOTI B