This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by RAAZ DHEERAJ SHARMA✍️. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

After Objectionable Reporting, Nepal Bans Indian Media Except DD

More from RAAZ DHEERAJ SHARMA✍️

Media has a significant role in any country as it makes us conscious of various social, political and economic activities around us. The object of news media is to present precise facts and all sorts of interpretations in front of the people. A news media outlet, be it in print form or TV/radio, is responsible for enlightening people about unbiased news without any censorship or tampering. Individuals always trust authentic and honest news.

Media is the fourth pillar of democracy.

Nepal’s cable and satellite television providers have stopped airing Indian news channels except Doordarshan.

The freedom of media has been debated many times, and whenever there is an attempt to imprison the freedom of media, the Courts have said very strongly and cogently that the freedom of media cannot be compromised.

But we have to understand and realize that there should be some rules and restrictions and we have to draw the ‘Lakshman Rekha’ because there is fear of accident without brake in any vehicle and there is danger in climbing a horse without reins.

The way of organizing a night’s debates by some media houses  and showing aggression while debating or making the show attractive for TRP can make viewers feel that they are crossing all limits and boundaries. It is clear that they are not fulfilling their responsibility.

Recently, people were shocked and surprised when some media channels crossed certain limits and broadcasted objectionable report on the Prime Minister of a friendly Himalayan nation.

This insensitive reportage came after the media reports on the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, leaving the people of this country aghast at the sensationalisation, even during reportage on international affairs. We must not stand this kind of immaturity or irresponsible behaviour of the Media.

A Media channel ran a story on a Hindi news channel about ‘honey-trapping’ efforts by Beijing’s Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Hou Yankee and PM KP Sharma Oli.

On Thursday, unhappy with Indian reports, Nepal government spokesman Yubraj Khatiwada announced that some Indian media outlets had made baseless and shameful allegations against PM Oli and Kathmandu and they would take legal and political action against the Indian media.

Nepal’s cable and satellite television providers have stopped airing Indian news channels except Doordarshan by saying that Indian Media is showing “objectionable” content  about Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli.

However, the question was also raised in Nepal about why the Chinese Ambassador is taking so much interest in Nepal’s domestic politics? But there is a way, discipline, morality and common sense to raise and ask every question.

Although the Zee News Apologized for a fictive report against the Prime Minister of Nepal, but this kind of reporting is neither permissible nor acceptable.

No doubt that nowadays Media has become a source of entertainment rather than providing information, but at the time of reporting any news, we have to understand the importance of relations between two countries and respect the dignity of a country.

We may write anything on social media, but we have to understand that media is not fulfilling their responsibility and some other day someone has to give advice to them to follow the basic norms while reporting.

More from RAAZ DHEERAJ SHARMA✍️

By Ananya Anand

By Inchara Kakaraparthi

By Ananya Anand