This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Sadhana Nazir. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The Demise Of TikTokers

More from Sadhana Nazir

Malini, who? Malini, Malini, Malini that Malini….aahhh..don’t you know her, the famous TikToker from our area. This was the way both the girls were conversing. They were school-goers of rural Assam. They both were 15 years old. Then one of them said, “I feel so much pity for her.” The other one asked why. To that, the reply was, “Malini is upset because she is now unable to make TikTok videos. She was damn popular in our area.

See, all the readers can well imagine now how TikTok has rooted itself in the lives of young people, be it in the urban or rural areas. As tensions between China and India prevail, India, on their part of strike decided to ban 59 Chinese Apps and among them was TikTok. This came as a shocker to the Indian population. This can be termed as Digital Strike by India on China.

Now, the Indian youth who got a nice platform to showcase their talent on TikTok by making a few seconds of video is in a great dilemma. They can feel a void in their lives at present. Most of the time, they remain confused as to how to utilize their time. The platform had become an addiction to its users.

Apart from the youth, the participation of different age groups could be seen on TikTok. Also, different people used the platform solely for entertainment purposes. However, those who used to boast of themselves as a popular TikTokers should shift to other platforms to showcase their talents as talent never goes unnoticed or unappreciated. Now, they have a real battle to fight.

TikTok, being a relatively easy platform to become popular, left a deep mark on its users. Those who are unhappy with this circumstance should boost up themselves to do something else. Now, on a lighter note, it can be mentioned that this App was misused by students and other communities. The students basically used it as a time pass thing. We often tend to see how they fooled their parents by obtaining a smartphone for study purposes but ended up making useless TikTok videos. Had there been real talent in them, they wouldn’t have been weeping now like Malini. It wouldn’t be very rude to say that over the past few years we saw how people misused their valuable time making some useless videos that were not at all entertaining.

People started doing bizarre things in the name of entertainment. Users started ignoring the limits as to what extent they should make videos and post them subsequently. We also saw fights between TikTok and YouTube communities and much more.

Therefore, I think it’s a very big initiative by the Govt. of India to ban the Chinese Apps. And, those who are really talented will somehow someday find a way to rise and shine. They should not be unhappy and worried. The rest should think of something else for passing their times but this time around, in a productive way.

More from Sadhana Nazir

By Ishita Agarwal

By Heena Ojha

By Karthika S Nair