Facebook has more than 2 billion users, the highest number of users among all social media platforms. This social media platform, a gift by Mark Zuckerberg, was different a few years ago and has changed a lot. Also, the introduction of Instagram, where content is more audiovisual, has given Facebook a strong completion. Though the youth exist on both, they majorly use Instagram. But if we talk about the age group of 30–80 years, more than 70% of the population uses Facebook only.
Now, we will learn about marketing on Facebook and how it works. Where you should invest your efforts and where you should not. The vibrancy of other platforms is tempting youth towards them; therefore, the brands targeting youth are also shifting their reliance to other platforms. But yes, Facebook has the largest user count and has integrated Instagram with it. It provides the option to the audience to advertise on both the platforms together.
How is Facebook marketing done? Constantly changing Facebook algorithms have made it tough for brands to do organic marketing and reach their followers. Even followers of a page are unable to see the posts because they do not appear in their feed. This leaves marketers and brands with the option of paid marketing, which can be done in many ways.
To create a Facebook ad you have to set a campaign and its goal. Here is the complete process:
- Decide the goal of the campaign.
- Decide the target audience.
- Create an ad, go to your profile, go to the drop-down menu, manage ads.
- Or you can go to business.facebook.com, go to the Ad account, dashboard, create a campaign.
- You can run Facebook ads for multiple accounts from the same platform.
- You can run ads on both Instagram and Facebook through this.
- After creating a campaign, give it a name, an objective.
- Go through the funnel. Select awareness, click consideration and then conversion.
- Select an ad set (Facebook gives an estimation of how many people you can reach).
- You can choose the spending limit.
- You can go through audience insights to check the demographics and other factors which are helpful to make the decision.
- Detailed targeting of the audience. It is based on the interests of the targeted audiences. It narrows the audience group.
- Select cost per click. It is the cost that you will bear while any person clicks on your ad.
Facebook groups are an important asset of Facebook, which can increase the visibility and reach of your posts. How to wisely use Facebook groups for your purpose:
- Join some relevant Facebook groups which match the category of your page or product.
- Share the links of your new content on other social media sites for Facebook posts on your Facebook groups.
- Help people in the Facebook group with their questions if you can answer them.
- Create more engagement.
- Be active in the groups; don’t only post or share your messages or content. This kind of engagement helps in building the community on a digital level of all the people of your industry, which is a long term benefit for you.
This was all about what you can and should do. Now, let’s talk about what you should avoid doing. Why should you never buy Facebook fans?
- Facebook fans do not work because the algorithm is getting harder and harder day by day and buying fans shows results for less time, only till the time payment is up.
- Get the fans organically. Invite all your Facebook friends to join your fan page.
- Find competing fan pages and search for trending content on those fan pages and post similar content on your website and attach images and videos.
- Check insights of competing fan pages and check their engagement. Facebook has two options of insights: you can go through it and check what type of audience they are engaging with and what text or other content ideas they are using to promote their page.