This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Amritansh pratap. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

A growing Army of Heroes To save the falling Environment

The environment is changing, and it’s changing fast. We all know that, and for those who are still unaware, “Climate change is real!”. Polar ice caps are melting; the temperature rises, according to a study temperature of the Indian Subcontinent, which will rise by 2.5-degree celsius by 2050. These changes are visible even now as we often encounter irregular rainfalls, an increased number of cyclones along the coastal line, the rising water level in the oceans, water scarcity in many cities, etc. So, its high time that we realize the importance of saving the environment.

Every individual needs to play their part so that we can save the Earth. We need to promote sustainability more and more amongst people and educate them about the needs of saving the environment. Unless each person on this Earth is aware of the consequences of climate change, we can’t win this war. These teachings should be incorporated into the school curriculum so that children can become aware of such issues and start caring for the environment from an early age itself.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon one such organisation which is working on making things right so that we humans can spend some more time on mother Earth. Vrikshit Foundation is an organization that works for the betterment of society by cleaning those junk-filled streets, feeding animals, organising tree plantation drives, and organising various campaigns that encourage people to save nature. The foundation was started in 2019 in Delhi, and their main motto was to make Delhi a clean and green place, but soon due to immense support and hard work, they have expanded to other cities like Jaipur, Chittor, etc. also. Their young nature is helping them achieve new heights. You can visit their website and get to them more just as I did: https://www.vrikshitfoundation.com/

They have also recently won the Envirocare Green Award for doing such a commendable job in taking care of Earth. Envirocare Green Awards is an initiative started by Envirocare labs in 2018. Envirocare Labs has been around for nearly 40 years in the field of analytical testing. They test and study environmental samples and food samples and provide an insight into the good and bad aspects of the changing environment. They have been continuously trying to bring light on such important matters, and Envirocare Green Awards was started. So that every individual can get motivated and be a part of this movement.

Big companies like Mercedez, Glenmark, Coca-cola, etc. take part in this competition, and if a new organisation like Vrikshit Foundation can work hard and mark their name, so can you. As to save this environment, we need all the help we can get. As this is our home and nobody can afford it except us.

So, come on, let’s start today so that we can have tomorrow.

More from Amritansh pratap

By ayaz Qureshi

By Pooja Agrawal

By seomypassion12