This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by FAIZAN AHMED. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

An open letter to Sushant Singh Rajput

More from FAIZAN AHMED

Hello Sushant,

I wish and hope you are doing well in the new world where you have entered. Before I take things further let me introduce myself to you. Sushant, I am not your fan and I never was, And it has nothing related to your acting, I have no skills to judge you on the basis of that. I am someone who is distant from all this. But I am your well-wisher which I always was. I have been watching you since you were ‘Manav’ of ‘Pavitra Rishta’ to ‘Mahendra Singh Dhoni’ in the Biopic of Dhoni.

On 14th June 2020 when you left us, as the whole nation, I was equally sad and shocked. For a couple of moments in the first time ever in my life, I was praying may this news turn out fake. But unfortunately, that didn’t happen. It was plain sad to get the news of the demise of such a young, talented, and self-made man. With the heavy heart, we bid adieu you and wrote Rest in Peace Sushant forever, on our social media.

Sushant, I heard that this world wasn’t fair with you till the time you were alive, this is something which is not new to the world. Death has the immense power to change people, their perception, and other things. In someway, Death has given more popularity to you than any of your movies.

Sushant your death has left many questions unanswered, which led to a new debate and discourse in Bollywood and Television. Sushant in the process of being generous with you a section of this country has actually become ruthless to you and to those whom you have left behind.

We still don’t know the actual reason behind the decision of the choice you made. And, when you yourself didn’t choose to tell, even to your family, I am the least interesting in digging and knowing all that. I know there are things, which a person wants to just keep with them only. Probably this is the reason you didn’t give a single hint of any wrong, which was going with you.

Sushant, let me disclose a few things to you, I know these things will hurt you more than your own death. From the day you left us, a section of our society is continuously using your demise for thier own purpose, politics, and benefits. Let’s take media- some of the media houses are openly using this tragedy to gain TRP for their channel. Political parties are also finding ways to attack each other, and an ugly battle has already started in Bollywood on the name of nepotism after your departure.

Worst amongst all is your Ex or your love is going through the worst of it. An investigation has started after your death, which is totally fair and that investigation is also gonna see your lover as an accused of your death, which is also even fine if it’s a matter of investigation and your family wants the same that should happen because you deserve justice.

What’s un-accepted to me and a lot of people like me is the treatment she is getting from a particular section of the media and society. Your love for Rhea Chakraborty is un-hidden, Till the time you were alive you didn’t speak a word against your lover or your love life which itself shows how deeply you were in love or respected her. But you would be sad to hear that even before the investigation is closed, the same section of media- I am referring here repeatedly has labeled her victim not accused of her death and also labeled her as a golddigger and what not.

National Media like Aajtak in one of his shows gave the title of the show ” Sushant ka Riya per Kala Jadoo” (Black magic of Rhea on Sushant) to another show, which was on your death same Aajtak named it “Love, live-in, Dhoka aur suicide”. Not only the Aajtak almost every other national news channel tried to do whatever possible to gain TRP on the name of your death.

Sushant these things doesn’t stop here, Rhea has started getting Rape threats, which is very common in a misogynist and the ignorant society of this misogyny, we live in. I guess by this time you will be in tears If you will read this. I am writing this open letter to you as a small effort to make people understand that in the process of being generous to you how vicious they have become to you.

If you are reading anything on Earth, I want you to read this and I want you to show this to your real fans and your so-called fans who have become your fan overnight.

I am sad that you have met with an unfortunate end but I am equally sad for Rhea, whatever has happened between both of you is known to only two of you but on a daily basis mainstream Indian media is passing the verdict against her and holding her responsible for everything went wrong with you. I don’t know how exactly you will feel after reading all this but based on your actions till the time you were alive, I surely can say that these people are not letting you Rest in Peace by doing things on your name which you have never endorsed in your life.

Your’s

Well wisher

More from FAIZAN AHMED

By Abhishek Makhariya

By Emtiaz anwar

By Shinchan