This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Lenin Raghuvanshi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

My Conversation With Lord Ram On His Ayodhya Mandir

More from Lenin Raghuvanshi

Corporate fascism is gaining momentum in the second innings of the present Prime Minister’s leadership. It must be cheerful news for groups of powerful business gharanas, bureaucrats and  politicians who believe in crony capitalism. The State’s responsibilities in a welfare economy have been redefined as profit-making PSUs that are on the chopping board in search of new owners.

However, despite the all out efforts by the media to portray a good image of the government at the national level, the state of the national economy is only going downwards. The right-wing nationalist government is back to what it does best, changing the national narrative from one of a COVID-affected economy to that of seeking divine intervention from Lord Ram. The laying of the foundation stone of the Ram Mandir was waiting to be completed at the earliest and now has been completed.

Thinking all this and remembering Ram, I went to sleep much the same way as the whole country. Then, suddenly, Ram Ji appeared in my dreams. He asked: “How are you ‘Prachchan Buddha Raghuvanshi’? What made you summon me?”

I said: “Lord, people are having a difficult time due to coronavirus. There is a crisis in the present health support system and many are dying. But everyone is talking about your temple.”

Ram mandir in Ayodhya
People don’t have trust in their karma (their deeds), which is why they search for dharma (religion).

He laughed loudly and said: “People don’t have trust in their karma (their deeds), which is why they search for dharma (religion). Look at the state of my family now, most of them do not take the name of Mother Sita alongside my name any more. They have separated us. What to say about others? How can you imagine a happy state of being by separating women from men? People are showing off, pretending to be my believers without believing in me. My name is mostly used to abuse faith.”

I said: “Lord, you must be happy now. The foundation stone for your temple has finally been laid.” My words angered Lord Rama, who said: “Last year on 6th November, the Supreme Court gave its verdict on the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute, which paved the way for the construction of the temple. In the same verdict, the Supreme Court Bench not only termed the demolition of Babri Masjid on 6th December, 1992, wrong, but also termed the failed promise of the Kalyan Singh-led BJP government to protect the structure as an act of betrayal.” 

Lord Rama continued: “Not only this, on one occasion during the hearing of the Babri Masjid demolition case in April 2017, the Supreme Court said – ‘In the present case, it seems that the alleged crime, which took place 25 years ago, has shaken the secular fabric of the Constitution of India.’ I was also a victim of conspiracy earlier in the killing of Shambuk due to which a few selfish people did so much harm to the Sanatan Dharma. They are still debasing my way of doing justice.”

Lord Rama went on to add, “Who had tortured Tulsidas? They were the same people from Kashi who tortured Tulsidas and used his Ramcharitmanas for their personal benefit. Why was he forced to come to Ayodhya and stay in the mosque? Why did he not mention the existence of this disputed temple of mine anywhere? If you look at my genealogy, King Bhagiratha (48th generation) brought river Ganga to the Earth to benefit and purify humankind. The great satyavadi King Harishchandra (36th generation of my dynasty) worked as a member of the Dome community at the cremation ground on the banks of the holy Ganges in Kashi. When his son Rohitashv had died, he took a piece of saree from his wife to allow the cremation of his  son. At the time of Harishchandra, Aadi Ganga was known as Gomti. But some selfish people made changes in history. All these lies were manufactured for political and financial benefits.” 

I kept listening while Lord Ram continued.

“Do you know how many devotees wrote the Ramayana the way they saw me and interpreted my life according to their own wisdom? In one of these versions of the Ramayana, while fighting  the hundred-mouthed Ravana, I fainted. I was saved by Goddess Siya who transformed herself into Goddess Kali. She slaughtered all my enemies. I always thought my followers are Sanatanis. Now, some who pretend to be Sanatanis follow and worship Adolf Hitler and Mussolini. They are believers of Manusmriti and a symbol of hatred. Sanatanis do not read Vedas and Upanishads anymore. If you ask them to read Drona Parva (67/17, 18) and Shanti Parva (26-28) in the Mahabharata and the story of Rantideva, the son of Sankriti, these fascist will lynch you. That is why Mundak Upanishad (1/2/7-11) opposed rituals. There is no mention of rebirth before we got Chhandogyopanishad (5/10-16). Have I talked about rebirth ever? Look at the pictorial work of Suma on the peace journey from Kashi to Ayodhya.”

I asked: “What is your order for me?”

He said: “You are on the right track whatever your condition is. Intensify the struggle for our eternal tradition of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam. To ensure justice and respect for all, defeat the forces who promote division of my children in the name of caste, religion and patriarchy. The hibernation of the people of your people will soon be over. But promise never to promote the ideology of Hitler and Mussolini in my land of peace and love.” I am still hurt that so much adharm happened in my name. I left the seat of power to set an example of sacrifice and now adharmis use my name to come to the seat of power. They want the sacrifice of innocents. I promised and bowed before my Lord, and told myself, “Raghukula riti sada chalaiye, prana jaye par bachana na jaye (Raghukula Riti must always go on, you may lose your life but don’t stop protecting the innocents)”. And kept uttering “Jai Siya Ram”.

When my eyes opened, I got up worriedly. My sight fell on a photo of poet Avtar Singh Paash, who fell prey to radical terrorism. I remembered a few of his lines:

‘If the security of the country is like this

That suppressing every strike gives colour to peace

That martyrdom is just dead on the borders

Art flower blooms just in the king’s window

The earth will be watered only by burning at the well of wisdom

Hard work has to be a knock at the door of Rajkamal

Then, we are threatened by the security of the country!’

Note: The article was originally published (in Hindi) here.

More from Lenin Raghuvanshi

By Love Matters India

By Submitted anonymously

By Ganesh Khanderao