The problem is not so much that investors do not want to participate. The issue is that they can’t fathom investing.
I say again, resist the urge to slap import taxes. They will only end up hurting consumers and producers. It will make locals lazy.
When you gain the upper house later in the year, the things that need to be fixed are :
- Court vacancies, infrastructure delays and general vacancies.
- Encourage states to make policing robust and to hold them accountable for the same. It’s absolute shit how policing is being done these days. Not enough is being and when done, it’s unkind.
- Remove the Land Ceiling Act and the other things like forcing farmers to sell in government-run markets.
- Let foreigners invest, but without all the conditions and ‘ifs and buts’ that are currently in place right now.
- Slash tariffs and join trade pacts to integrate the economy into the world economy.
- Sit back and then watch the economy explode. Factories would pop up everywhere. Industry, a beautiful sight to behold, will finally come back home again.