Youth Ki Awaaz is looking for an enthusiastic and capable Project Manager with a voracious appetite for social media content, knowledge of the latest trends on different platforms and an understanding of digital campaigning for social causes. You’ll be working very closely with the Editorial and Programs team at YKA to run engaging campaigns on a range of issues, produce smart and engaging content, and drive high-quality impact.
- Build good working relationships with partner organisations and key stakeholders and play the role of a project manager, as well as a coordinator to ensure that all project deliverables are met timely and effectively
- Conceptualise, design and execute advocacy campaigns and digital youth engagements in collaboration with potential partners, high impact non-profits and social good businesses.
- Work with the YKA Editorial and Programs teams to build content plans for campaigns that drive social change, challenge status quo and, break stereotypes and transition mindsets.
- Identify potential opportunities to build engagement and support for social causes and lead YKA’s initiatives on new social media platforms.
- Have an organised approach to maintaining weekly, quarterly and monthly numbers to be able to deliver robust reports around campaign performance and outputs as required.
- Set up simple yet effective monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for your projects
Skills and qualities required:
- At least 3 years experience in project management and relationship management.
- 2-3 years of experience in managing social media for a digital first organisation, preferably in the media industry or the development sector.
- Proven track record of designing strategies and tactics for organic growth of campaign/project on social media, including engaging users and deriving analysis.
- Clear understanding of data and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and others.
- High level of comfort in creating detailed reports with analysis.
- Experience and expertise in creating content for social media, and understanding of content for different social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Passion for creating social change and interest in various social issues and a keen inclination towards current affairs.
- Experience and willingness to work with a diverse set of people with different abilities and understanding.
- A willingness to take risks, fail, learn and adapt.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, and a working knowledge of Hindi is preferable.
- Excellent organisation, planning, coordination and multitasking skills.
- Ability to approach targets with a holistic perspective and the ability to adhere to deadlines.
Commensurate with experience, market-standard
About Youth Ki Awaaz:
India’s largest youth media platform with over 4 million monthly readers and thousands of writers. The platform is fuelled by young, passionate individuals mainly in the age group of 18-35 years. Comprising social entrepreneurs, citizen journalists, student leaders, individuals creating change at the grassroots, innovators, writers and researchers, this community has created on-ground change through digital advocacy, started offline movements, online trends and nationwide conversations.
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Social Media Editor’ in the subject line.