This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by nishant anand. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Our Environment Is In Danger, Please Oppose The EIA Amendment

More from nishant anand

In the Environmental Impact Assessment Draft 2020, the state has announced new changes. The Environmental Impact Assessment Act was approved in 2006 under the Environmental Protection Act, 1986. the government believes that these changes will provide a new direction to the environment in a scientific way and help in industrial development.

If the format changes are to be considered, many activities in the subjects put in category B have been removed from the environmental impact assessment. These topics include oil, gas and shale gas excavation, hydroelectric projects up to 25 MW, irrigation projects ranging from 2000 to 10000 hectares, construction of small cast-iron furnaces, setting up of grinding unit, drug manufacturing, and rubber industry.

Before this, the government has abolished 80% approval of the regional people in six areas under the 2015 Land Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Act, in which the possibility of assessment was cancelled earlier. Apart from this, the Forest Rights Act of 2019 has empowered the forest rangers to exercise sufficient power and an attempt to keep their acts like murder far away from the constitutional limits.

Say no to EIA/ Representational image.

On the other hand, if irrigation through canals is concerned, statistics show that in 1950-51, it covered about 40% of the area of ​​irrigation, which has come down to 29% in 2001. In the case of a state like Bihar, there were canals built in the past, they have become useless or closed in many areas, while the Ken Betwa Link Project has been approved immediately. But it is important to note that in the meantime, it is the ‘Panna Tiger Reserve’ which is expected to suffer a lot of damage.

It would be necessary to underline one thing here: while creating various types of environmental protection areas on one side, where the state has strengthened the claim of the protector, several lakh hectares of land has been acquired under this project. One can use it whenever he wants. It’s a repeat of the ‘Dibru Sikhova’ forest area, where many indigenous animals who are endemic and endangered, will be dead in the name of the hydropower project.

The CAG clarified the EIA assessment in its 2016 report, stating that the report neither presented nor collected data in its entirety. After this, despite knowing all these things, no action was taken against any employee. Several assessments in the report have also mentioned that no attempt was made to get the locals to know their intentions. Simultaneously, the classification of frequent pollutants has been rejected in the EIA, in which neither the correct assessment of pollution reduction nor the increase in pollution has been assessed.

The EIA tries to look at the environmental impact assessment from the front, but in the public interest, it represents a completely imperialist tendency. It is providing a legitimate foundation of imperialist capital in the country, but at present when global capital is going through a terrible phase of the disaster. While there is a wide reduction in employment due to the widespread decrease in production, there has also been a decrease in the export of capital at a special level. In the name of constant investment, employment, development, technological development, governments have not only marginalized people but also sold their labour in the hands of imperialist capital at a low price.

It is also necessary to underline that globally in metal mining where Australia and Britain are at the top, American capital is dominated by non-metallic matter. In addition, the Chinese imperialist capital has set foot in the mining of rare earth matter. But in all this effort, where initiatives such as Clement Justice, Climate Financing, Technology Aid from forums like Unfccc, UNEP helped place foreign financial capital, people have not tried to question UN’s internationalism since its early days He has been serving the imperialist keys.

In the same way, the Indian government has worked to strengthen the path of non-tax and savings of India’s broker capitalists in the name of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). Initiatives like Technology Aid helped to replace foreign financial capital. At the same time, people did not question the UN’s internationalism, which has served imperialist capital since its early days. In the same way, the Indian government has done the work of not paying taxes and strengthening the savings path of India’s broker capitalists in the name of CSR.

And in the process, the state sold the dream of climate justice without social justice. Initiatives like Technology Aid helped to replace foreign financial capital. At the same time, people did not try to question the internationalism of the UN, which has served the imperialist capital since its early days. In the same way, the Indian government has worked to strengthen the path of non-tax and savings of India’s broker capitalists in the name of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility).

According to one figure, the outbreak of migration has increased continuously in the world with the maximum number of migration due to environmental reasons after the civil war. It is clearly stated in the World Migration Report 2020 that by 205, more than 200 million population will be forced to migrate from their habitat, which is not the result of natural disasters from anywhere. It is the result of the greed of some people, which is very easily described as a problem caused by human reasons, along with our textbooks’ attempts to hide its class character altogether and try to make a pang of guilt that our non-awareness.

The environment is in danger today. But most of this migration is the highest in the Southern Hemisphere, where the Imperial Capital dominance is at a terrible level. There is a list of the same countries whose imperialism is touching new heights on the basis of Surplus Cheap Labour.

The correct assessment of the environment will never be incomplete without the right assessment of labour; the right assessment of labour will be incomplete without the right assessment of essential social needs. If we consider this scale, then by adopting the same type of criteria, giving preference to the reproduction of capital, the natural configuration, and the social configuration also gives rise to a disastrous and bewildering result, we have a direct result, complete environmental degradation.

More from nishant anand

By Navya Shorey

By Be a Bridge for Change - BBC

By Tanmay Singh