This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Rajlakshmi Ghosh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Share these Natural Techniques With Your Loved Ones For A Pick-Me-Up!

More from Rajlakshmi Ghosh

Mental Health is a very important topic among the youth right now. We all know that mental health issues have been ignored since the beginning of time. The most heartbreaking aspect of this issue is society cannot accept people that suffer from mental health issues such as depression. 

Now, many of you might say that depression is not at all dangerous, that it can be cured or it is just a phase. Let me tell you, depression can kill you from within slowly and painfully. When you tell someone it is not a big deal, remember, you have never stood in their shoes. Depression feels like darkness has engulfed you. The nerves in your brain have been jumbled purposely. You feel like the world is crashing down on you. There is no coming back from it. 

A friend, a family member or a close one can be your knight in shining armour. How? Let’s read to find out how you can save a dear one and yourself!

1.TEA

Prepare a cup of tea for yourself at least 3 times a day. You are wondering what ingredients in tea can create a fresh and positive mindset, right? Well, Hops, valerian and powdered liquorice might just be the weapon you are looking for! Ylang-ylang, lavender, clary sage and chamomile act as sedatives that can calm you down from within and you slowly feel a weight has been lifted off you.

Tea has different varieties that you can try. It is healthy and I assure the smell of tea leaves can create a soothing vibe.

2.ESSENTIAL OILS

Essential oils are used across the world to maintain a positive and calm surrounding.  When you feel unwanted and broken, you often turn to substance abuse. Consuming alcohol and junk food is great sometimes but letting it control your whole body is not a very productive idea. 

Essential oil fragrances can calm you down and make you feel like you belong. Two or six drops of your favourite fragrance into the burner can change one bad day, heartbreak into positive thoughts and strength. The impeccable smell can cure mild depression as well! 

3.TAKE A BREAK

Working at a stretch or doing too much for people who do not deserve you can create a huge pressure on you. You feel frustrated with yourself and you start to hate yourself. You want to escape from the mess you have now created. 

Many find it hard to leave what they are doing, I understand you are passionate and focused. Sometimes your brain and body need a break. So do you!

You can go away for a few days, discover an unknown destination, culture or art that no one knows about. This can boost your energy in a matter of seconds! 

A break from the daily routine to keep yourself mentally positive and healthy is never a second choice! Remember, treating yourself is a priority!

4.VITAMIN-C INTAKE

Depression often leads to weakening of health and you might become prone to diseases! When women are going through menstruation and have no one to turn to as they suffer different types of health issues, especially due to the deficiency of Vitamin B12 and folic acid.

Thus, a good intake of Vitamin C can protect you from being prone to diseases that can latch onto you if you are weak. Intake of Oranges can boost your folic acid production. This advice is for everyone! Take your vitamins and be ready to fight anything that comes your way! 

6.AVOID CAFFEINE

Try to cut back on pop drinks, softs drinks and anything that contains caffeine. Research and studies across the world state that food and drinks that have huge amounts of caffeine can be a major reason for your depression. Caffeine can reduce serotonin production which adds as a catalyst to your negative thoughts and feelings.

If you decrease your caffeine intake and include 2 bananas in your diet, the serotonin production is smooth and you get to live a naturally healthy life!

7.NATURAL EXTRACTS

Prepare yourself in such a way that your brain becomes strong and powerful enough to fight off the negativity.

Basil,rosemary and St John’s wort extracts act as natural and mental refreshers for your mind and body. Now you know the secret of achieving positive vibes!

8.A BALANCED DIET

If you want to live a life full of positivity and sparkle all you have to do is follow simple rules. One such rule is maintaining a balanced diet. 

Small amounts of fresh spinach can boost your mood since it contains folic acid. With this, you can indulge in some mouthwatering homemade salmon. The Omega 3 component protects you from all the mood swings you are about to have. 

Intake of avocados helps in increasing serotonin as it acts as a catalyst for feel-good neurotransmitters. Another food item that boosts serotonin is chocolates. If you have a sweet tooth, it can definitely be added to your diet. 

9.CONTROL YOUR BREATHING / RELAX YOUR MUSCLES

Being stressed may lead to sickness and mild depression. You may have tried many techniques and taken pills to calm yourself down and cure yourself. These may result in side effects that are dangerous like I have mentioned before.

You can try these simple remedies that can help you anytime and anywhere! First, you shall try and control your breathing. Deep breathing tends to lower blood pressure and as a result prompts the release of endorphins that calms the nervous system.

Then you can try Progressive Muscle Relaxation or PMR. Studies show that PMR reduces cortisol,releases physical tension and helps with insomnia as well!

If you try these two methods repeatedly, you will definitely feel calm and start living healthy!

10.YOGA/ MEDITATION

Sometimes our thoughts become far fetched. In order to stop yourself from overthinking every little interaction or incident, you can try and adopt a routine of working through the thoughts that keep you up all night. Remember, a sound body makes for a sound mind as well!

Try Yoga and meditation. You might be wondering what is the outcome of this simple remedy, right? Let me tell you then! Both work hand in hand actually. Meditation helps in being more in tune with your thoughts while Yoga tends to reduce blood pressure, slows down your heart race and slows down ageing. 

If you practise these two for only 20 minutes, the mental and physical benefits that you will receive is worth it!

In short, natural and homemade remedies can strip you off your negative energy. They help in boosting your morale and as a result, you feel relaxed and calm. Your body has better metabolism and inbuilt strength.

1. Ekta Jaiswal

Very good Rajlakshmi …… Always loved reading your posts….. They are so well planned n thought about in details.
    Love n Regards

More from Rajlakshmi Ghosh

By Arafat Hossain

By Mubashir Naik