This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Internshala. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

What Are The Five Aspects Of Digital Marketing To Learn In 2020?

More from Internshala

Digital marketing and e-learning are two of the most fascinating concepts that go hand-in-hand. From small to big, every organisation is hassling these days to rank on the first page of web search results and seeking talented professionals who could make it happen.

As per a report by KPMG, the average attention period of digital consumers dropped down from 12 seconds in 2007 to 8 seconds in 2016. And as each year passes by and the attention span of customers scrolling online gets shorter, the requirement of professional digital marketing experts goes higher.

To take advantage of this phenomenon, more students are enrolling in a digital marketing training. Apart from including the ABCs of the subject, such trainings also come up with a project that adds value to one’s resume. And e-learning this course comes with even more attractions — highly engaging concepts, accessibility and affordability.

With the advancement of technology, digital marketing has become one of the highest job-generating industries to work in. Doing a training in this will increase your knowledge and develop skills that are essential today to land top-notch jobs in the digital marketing industry.

google search on a phone or tablet

Here are the top five trending aspects of digital marketing that you can learn in 2020:

• Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): SEO is a process of optimising content on your website or blog based on keywords so that your platform appears on top of search engine rankings. As per Marketo, around 67% of the total clicks in a search result go to the first five listings. Thus, it is exceptionally important for organisations to rank on top and seek clicks, which will then lead to higher conversion of customers. Learning SEO tactics can help you fetch great opportunities with recognised organisations.
  • Email Marketing: As one of the most personalised, interactive and informative medium of communication, e-mails always gathers instant attention of customers. Email marketing has experienced exceptional growth in the past few years, and thus, employers look for smart marketers who can hit the bull’s eye with their prominent communication strategies.
  • Content Marketing: There is a thin line between promoting and informing, and content marketing is the art of building the latter. As per a recent article by Forbes, 82% of a company’s customers made an online purchase on the basis of content marketing done by the company. Without content, no digital marketing goal can be achieved. Thus, producing informative, educative and relevant content is what businesses aim for. As it is a pillar of all other online marketing concepts, content marketing is a major skill that millennials are inclined towards.
  • Mobile Marketing: Mobile phones are the only channel of communication that sleep and wake up with users. From being in our pockets to sitting with us on our work desk, mobile phones go everywhere with us. To ensure that a fine streak of marketing campaign always keep the audience in touch, companies are working on everything from SMS and online ads to app marketing. A mobile marketing training can assist you in deploying your skills to convince the mobile phone-based audience through well-optimised websites, email, SMS and MMS, social media platforms and apps.

working on a tablet, checking mails, work from home

• Social Media Marketing: Apart from posting selfies, liking memes and making new friends, a lot more is being doing on social media platforms. Showing ads between Facebook videos is not just a new trend but a phenomenon that can change customers’ purchase cycle. Businesses are constantly in search of smart brains who can creatively produce engaging content for social media platforms. So, if scrolling through Instagram and Facebook feed in your leisure time is one of your habits, you can simply develop this habit into a skill by learning social media marketing and creating engaging content for the audience.

In the past few years, digital marketing has churned out countless employment opportunities for people who are passionate and well-informed about what’s happening in the digital world. And with the growth of technological convergence, the availability of job prospects will certainly go higher in this specific field. For people who love experimenting and following the fast-paced technological waves, digital marketing is the perfect sector to dive into!

About the author: Internshala is an online trainings platform (trainings.internshala.com)

More from Internshala

By Internshala

By Internshala

By Surej