This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Raj Iyre. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet Train Will Be A Sense Of Pride But A Waste Of Money

More from Raj Iyre

The Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed rail project is something that was announced in 2017. The situation of the project today is worrisome and sad as we see it. Air travel gets you to any place at a cheaper cost. My train ride from Mumbai to Bangalore is 24 hours long. It’s only marginally cheaper from the air fare by Rs 300. I’m choosing this so I can avoid re-quarantining in Bengaluru, although I think I’ll enjoy it. It’s been eight years since I last travelled on an Indian train and maybe a decade since an overnight journey. So why high speed rail?

The new project is going to cost more and cannot have as many coaches as a regular rail. So, this is neither solving the issue of mass travel, not getting us anywhere faster or cheaper. Multiple flights at the same time can carry 10 or 12 times the number of folks who’d opt traveling by the new train in the same travel period.

The Mumbai-Ahmedabad high-speed rail project is going to cost more and cannot have as many coaches as a regular rail. So, this is neither solving the issue of mass travel, not getting us anywhere faster or cheaper.

Also, this isn’t private money. The project is using our taxes, so why this then? I think the project has more to do with pride and I hope you’re getting a sense of where I’m going.

This rail project is not a good use of our taxes. I hope unless it is 100% privately funded project, there should be no more projects. You can’t even borrow for any of the states at this time. In that case, we definitely shouldn’t be spending our money on such lunacy.

1. Ankkit Khatri

No offense to anyone Feelings, I just want to say that we should always study in house details of the project before starting criticizing it !!

Let me share a few highlights with you !!
    1. India is getting 88% Funds from Japan at just a 0.1% interest rate that also we need to pay after 15 years of project operational.
    2. We as a developing country will get the technology of the upcoming market of Bullet train so will learn from that perspective and help India future prospects and other countries planning to do so at a reasonable cost.
    3. Everyday 26000 passengers are traveling from Ahmedabad to Mumbai and spend almost 6 hours for their journey, even if they will travel by plane. So it will be the cushioning for those business passengers.
    4. In between 9 Grade, 3 city will get the commercialization by Bullet train having stations in their city.
    5. This is the part of the Diamond quadrilateral: Business corridor in-between whole country and will reduce the shipping time to 18 hours which at present is 3 days.

So my sincere request is to understand anyting before becoming political agenda’s victim !!

More from Raj Iyre

By Jay Velury

By Pallabi Ghosh

By Basanta Nirola