This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Sahil Basu. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

No, DMET Is NOT Dead. It’s More Alive Than Ever.

More from Sahil Basu

This post is in reply to this post.

Sir, this is a very detailed post that you have written. Surely it must have taken a significant amount of time compiling this misleading post and editing all these photos. Since you have put so much effort into conveying your thoughts, let me put some of my time to prove you wrong. I am going to write point against point, don’t worry.

Past Is History, Learn To Accept The Present.

1. Formerly known as DMET, IMU Kolkata is the preference of all top-ranking students. You wanted to know why IMU KC is known as the IIT of marine engineering and training. This is why. The exam on the basis of which selection to all maritime colleges is known as IMUCET(on a national level). Every year only the top-ranking candidates get the opportunity to study at this prestigious college. Think this is false? Go look it up. Moreover, every year of all the IMU campuses and affiliate colleges, this has always found a place to rank among the top 3 at every semester examination. You wanna know what’s funny? The propaganda you are spreading is funny.

2. Yes, the curriculum has been changed and yes the exam pattern is different. The college was previously autonomous and now it is affiliated to a central university under government guidelines. So what? Does this mean the college standards have declined? Does this mean the students pass the examination by fluke? Come on, I am sure you know better.

3. Paramilitary training? I wouldn’t call it paramilitary training. Waking up at 0530, reaching the field by 0600,0800 reaching the hostel to get ready for the fall in at 0900, academics from 0930 till 1630, games from 1700, games over at 1930, and again a gruelling fall in at 2030 hrs. No, I wouldn’t call it paramilitary training. Should I call it child’s play?

4. Uniform is just a piece of cloth to us? The value and dignity of the uniform, the stars on the shoulders of the seniors, the cadets memorising what do those stars mean by heart, the epaulettes tightly binding on our shoulders. Every morning fall in includes a complete check of the uniform and grooming of the cadet. The cadets are not allowed to sit in classes without a clean shave. The cadets are not allowed to sit for examinations if they are not properly groomed. Still not convinced?

The cadets are not allowed to wear the uniform until they have earned it. They are allowed after the first three months of their first year training to give them an understanding of its value and pride of donning that uniform. Tell me which college other than IMU KC is doing that. The college has set the benchmark for discipline and grooming for institutes all over Uniform is just a piece of cloth to us? Yeah sure!

Fake Placement Records In Official Websites.

Do you know where a government college like IMU KC draws its funds from? The government. The fees is given to IMU from which the fees is distributed. The faculty will get paid the same regardless of the number of students studying there. The college will stay no matter what happens. The college doesn’t need to show fake placement records for new enrollments to obtain money. “The DG shipping website is giving a false placement report? “Yeah right, says a post on a website. Great!

On the other hand, if you really want to know who is money thirsty? Go look up the fees charged by private colleges. The government colleges ask for 9 lakhs for marine training. The private ones ask for 30 lakhs for the same! If you want to give this huge amount of money for the same curriculum and buying your placement to a company, I would suggest you don’t delve into this field of work at all.

At government colleges, you need to work your way up to get placed by hardwork and determination with results that show. Would you not want to be a mariner by competence? Or do you want to cash up some private college? If that is the case, it is the same as giving money to some agent to get yourself placed. Think about it, dear.

IMU Is Just A Vulturous Profit-Making Enterprise, Greed And Money Making Is In Its Veins

1. The attendance percentage is 85. Cadets are awarded on the punctuality and discipline. I don’t understand how this can be an issue. A cadet needs to be regular with his academics to understand his subjects thoroughly. The cadets at this college need to earn every bit of that bachelor’s degree rather than just paying for it. Yes, this college is not for the slouching fellow. This college will prepare you for your journey into the seas, regularity being a part of it.

2. Like academics, sports and exercise is also an integral part of pre-sea training. Being physically fit and mentally strong is important for this field of work. This is not the IT sector. One needs to work hard in order to be an able cadet of this prestigious institution. Think this is too tedious? Wait till you get on a ship when you get placed. They don’t train you for anything here.

3. The fees of IMU KC is similar to the fees of any other IMU college. I don’t understand why IMU KC is targeted for that.

IMU Kolkata Faculties: Mere Salary Collectors

Think over it before saying this about the most dedicated and experienced faculty in maritime training. Private colleges are eager to hire these renowned ex-DMETians and faculty members. “Mere salary collectors”? Why don’t they go over to some private college? With 70 years of experience in maritime training, people rarely think about other institutions. This gets under your skin, doesn’t it?

The Psychological Subversion Of Students In IMU Kolkata

1. The first year at IMU KC is the basis of all further training and the first year hostel is the birthplace of the finest marine engineers for decades and still reaching greater heights.

2. Getting into this college is difficult. Passing out from this college is more difficult. You have to earn your placement here. If you are capable and deserving, you will get placed.

3. “Chappal Ghisne pad jaayenge Mumbai mein”. Seriously? People won’t spoon feed you here. You need to work hard and with discipline.

4. The cadets get the best education and training. Every year many cadets go abroad to present their research and reports in renowned organisations. The cadets here have proven their mettle in every field, be it academics or extracurriculars, and brought valuable accolades for the institute. “Chappal Ghisne pad jaayenge Mumbai mein”?, you will never hear this at IMU KC. This institute produces the finest marine engineers. Use this quote while you look at yourself in the mirror.

The DMETians Lobby- In Which No One Cares

1. The passouts of this prestigious college is not here to place cadets. The cadets need to be placed on the basis of their capabilities. You are asking for a system that is corrupt sir. I don’t think that is the way to go and it is good that this doesn’t happen here.

2. The passouts and seniors are always there to help with academics and guide you in every step of your career in the maritime industry and beyond.

3. Every year, numerous passouts visit the college to share their experiences on board ships and instil their juniors with the zeal to work harder for your dreams, rather than just handing over a job.

I hope every question of yours is well answered and struck down by this. Enough about IMU KC. What propaganda are you circulating here? What is your motive? And how come you have so much time to edit photos and write such a huge misdirectional post on the college? Please WRITE BACK. Eager to know about this.

Great slogans, by the way. Sadly, it won’t be doing what you intend. Lastly, I forgot, you don’t have the moral courage and spunks to publish your name with this post?  Be a man and then dream to be a mariner.

Regards.

ReplyForward

More from Sahil Basu

By Author Anonymous

By Migita Dcruz

By AAA BBB