This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ritwik Trivedi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Jobs Or Jumlas, Mr. Modi?

More from Ritwik Trivedi

I put this question before our conscience on the 70th birthday of our visionary Pradhan Sewak. I want to ask if we are in for jumlas or jobs- we ought to make a sincere choice if our romanticism with rhetorics has come to an end. Else, we will continue to be blank and clueless considering the impact of our flailing economy. GDP is at an all-time low, investments are dwindling leaving investors worrisome.

The government looks inept working on the demand side of the economy rather than opting for the supply side. Will it sufficiently ensure a revamp and rejig? I am made to understand that the government should come clean on it. Ease of doing business at best is picking up with a handful of individuals and corporations. There is a reason why our generation of youth has become impassive and impatient.

Otherwise, they would stay away from sharing their feeds and takes on the state of the present crisis situation. Why did they even choose to observe PM Modi’s birthday as National Unemployment Day? Congregating to mobilize the opinion on unemployment through mass candlelight marches and protests. I do believe that the present dispensation lacks the moral will to take up the issues severely impacting and impairing our lives and livelihoods.

Silence and denial of key matters have become the defining political feature of this regime. Extracting data on the economy, education and healthcare are but out of reach for us laities. At best we are supposed to buy merit in what the top-ranking functionaries and representatives make us believe. Disapproving of any ifs and buts and making it a clear case of dissent as a citizen- we have lost upon that privilege. Personality and patriotism have been intertwined with the whims and fancies of our iconic pradhan sewak.

We can’t afford to give it a miss or else will run the risk of being classified as a traitor and anti-national. Supposedly settling for the jumlas as jobs could have waited for a while as with our youth firming up the moment for a turn has come. I vividly remember how the Anna Andolan in 2012 had rocked and unsettled the UPA 2, bringing to the attention of the population the failures and lapses of the leadership on questions of policy and governance.

Although, I would give a benefit of doubt to the present dispensation for its capacity to manipulate and manage our opinions. Investing smartly in perceptions, polemics and populisms pulling the popular mandate by its side one after the other. As for our divided opposition, this sounds as a wake-up call for suitably crafting and designing their strategy. Carefully reading the writing on the wall before marching ahead. Economy, Education and Healthcare require fixes as soon as possible.

As for the possibility of generating jobs and employment, the government should come up with a blueprint and not a belief system.

We sincerely and seriously want a resolution on this front Pradhan Sewak sir. Please try to understand obedience, loyalty and commitment to ideology can wait a little longer.

#JobsNotJumlas

Happy Birthday, Modi ji. I hope my writeup will find you in the best of spirits.

More from Ritwik Trivedi

By Accountability Initiative

By Sanjib Kalita