This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Shreya Biswas. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Things You Can Do To Take A Break And Relish Life

More from Shreya Biswas

We are very busy nowadays having our own problems and finding solutions for them. But is it really impossible to pause and take a break? Definitely, we all take breaks but does that really help us to have a calm and controlled mind? Before the pandemic, we had immense desires for holidays, breaks and pleasures but then when we got it, it felt good for first few days, and then we started to pray to get into our regular schedule. One thing we should notice is that nothing is desirable when it exceeds its normality. So what is a break? Let’s discuss?

1. Have you have ever tried to make our parents happy with little things, like a foot massage or a random inquiry call or a sweet little gift which they never expected from you, or a little admiration for their hard work, or just a selfie? Maybe, maybe not. Obviously, these things sound cheesy because they are cheesy, but a little extra cheese on the pizza of your life is very much acceptable.
  2. Do you ever desire to wake up early in the morning and see the sunrise? Do you ever desire to feel the dew drops on the grass or try to listen to the first caw of the crow? You may not, but you should. Plant a little sapling, water it every day, wait for a new leaf to sprout, see it grow. Have the pleasure. Life is too short to experience nature’s offerings. Take a break. Be a visitor. You will be welcomed with widespread arms.
  3. What does it take to value a thing? When you wait for it. This time when you desire a new thing, be it a phone or a new gadget or anything else, don’t go for an EMI. Take a break from monthly binges. Save a little every month and then try to get it.  You would feel proud of yourself.
  4. Have you ever seen a tap with running water on the way to your office or school? Stop there, enjoy that, take pleasure, and go ahead to your destination. You would sense an unknown satisfaction.
  5. Take a break, help someone. Don’t desire for something just to post it on social media. Next time when you see a great sunset, enjoy it rather taking a selfie with it. Say something good to your partner, that would make them smile. Revisit good old days with them. Take a break to think about your actual happiness. Take a break.
  1. Amit Biswas

Liked it, and ofcourse agreed with every point.

More from Shreya Biswas

By

By Subhajit Murmu

By Sudhir V