Stress is a threat to millions of people across the world. It can lead to anxiety and numerous mental disorders at the workplace. These anxieties are even more extreme when you’re entering the workforce as a newbie. There are various reasons that create stress and anxiety. To deal with workplace anxiety, we require some introspection so that we can resolve them. After discovering the root cause, we can contrive a plan of action to get rid of any sort of agitation. Tensity is a common fact or part of our lives, but how we deal with it is a matter of concern.
1) Facing demarcation or harassment at work, especially if you are not getting positive feedback for your work. Striving in a difficult situation with office deadlines and no support or positive feedback can create an extreme amount of frustration, which can increase anxiety. Everyone expects appreciation for their work, and sometimes, its lack can lead to anxiety.
2) Lack of support at your workplace: A vacuum of support in your company or workplace also contributes to anxiety in your life. Your relationship with your boss or co-workers impacts you either in a positive or negative way. Sometimes, we don’t get cooperation in our office and feel alone; this can be another reason for mental pressure and trauma. Insalubrious relationships and a dominating boss can make one’s life miserable. Gradually, we feel insecure and upset, which can then lead to possible mental health issues.
3) Tiring work hours: Increasing stress levels are also interlinked with long working hours. Stress can cause weight loss or gain, either of which is an invitation to health-related issues such as blood pressure, diabetes, heart conditions, mental health disorders, and so on. Long working hours steal our time that we deserve to spend with our family and loved ones.
4) Impoverished management: Conditions at your workplace, such as sitting arrangement, inadequate lights, less space, poor ventilation can become major reasons for agitation. These are some factors that can lead to lack of productivity and loss of interest.
5) Unrealistic expectations: Human capability is limited, thus, we need to set a realistic goal in our professional life. However, most of the times, we end up bringing in unrealistic ambitions.
There are five major types of anxiety disorders:
Spending quality time with your family, going for long drives weekly, and spending time in a creative activity such as painting, dancing, singing, playing any musical instrument or any activity that frees your mind should be regularly pursued.