This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by IMBESAT AHMAD. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

This IIT Alumnus’ App Is Helping Exam Aspirants Over Video Call For Free!

Hi, I’m Imbesat, an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur alumnus.

Since 2015, I have been teaching higher secondary kids in conflict-ridden Kashmir and have helped more than 1000 students enter some of the most coveted institutions like IITs, UPenn, Princeton, NITs, BITS etc. The reason I chose Kashmir was because of the challenges that students in the region had to face due to frequent shutdowns and lack of a robust educational ecosystem like other states in our country.

I could gauge the anxiety and stress level of my students when they were unable to find small guidance at the time when they needed the most in the lack of proper communication channel & relatable role models.

Last year, I had to survive just on a landline for months which made me realize how restless one goes without access to the right set of knowledge or infomation in real-time. I couldn’t imagine the sufferings of the students.

This triggered me to create a robust, easy to use, real-time and most importantly, a very safe platform where students can look for quick help from a real credible person and avoid falling into the loop of uncertainty.

This Covid-19 pandemic has had a similar effect on our education system; millions of students across the country have been rendered helpless without access to proper guidance and resources. Not everyone can purchase and enrol into expensive online courses, so needless to say, the anxiety of these students is mounting with every passing day as they are unable to garner the kind of support they deserve from their teachers and seniors.

Another area of concern includes stressful parents, who do want their children to compromise on their studies, while also ensuring their safety from this deadly virus. Teachers, though willing to aid their students in every possible way, are also finding it hard to deliver properly due to lack of good infrastructure and an acute shortage of time. All of this is resulting in endless trauma for these students, for they do not know what the future holds for them in these unprecedented times and with the JEE/NEET exams just around the corner.

In my own class, students just wanted to talk to me in person to discuss their problems but with the technology at hand, it was next to impossible to talk to students on an individual basis and keep every discussion private. I could sense that these students are under immense pressure. They need a friend to handle their issues and give some motivation and hope.
And hence, I devised Filo, first of its kind app providing instant doubt clearance on a video call from experts

Filo means ‘friend’- all we are doing on Filo is connecting a friend in need. It enables JEE/NEET aspirants to get answers to any questions related to their subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology) in real-time from experts over a video call for FREE.

These experts are a team of undergrads from best institutions like IITs, NITs, medical colleges and some professionals. We will be soon starting doubt clearance for other classes and streams.

The first set of experts have been our entire Filo team, my students and their friends who have qualified JEE/NEET and now have become mature and credible enough to help out the younger ones.

Last Sunday, the Ministry of Education and my alma mater IIT Kharagpur tweeted about Filo and since then our platform is inundated with more than 2000 calls every day from across the nation. Therefore, we have kickstarted the mission #BecomeAFilo and urge you all to join us in easing the burden of the budding students of our country.

If you are currently studying in an engineering/medical institute, we request you to devote some time to the JEE/NEET aspirants from your busy schedules, for you are only the role models these students have and the ones they need. Quoting Batman, “You are the hero that Gotham deserves: and needs right now.

I’ve been a counsellor and motivator for over 10,000  students for a decade. I’ve witnessed how the right guidance at the right time can change the lives of students in unimaginable ways. Any guidance and especially doubt-clearing sessions are more than welcome from you. Every query you resolve, every student that you counsel is you guiding one soul taking a huge step towards success.

Your contribution is valuable to us, so do join Filo and become a Friend, today!

Those who want to join and influence the lives of thousands of students can fill the following form.

More from IMBESAT AHMAD

By Sahil Basu

By Author Anonymous

By BigChange