This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Apurva Chavhan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why Don’t Indian YouTubers Make It To The Highest Paid YouTubers List?

More from Apurva Chavhan

We know the fame that so-called influencers find and become more recognised than our heroes and sheroes from India’s freedom struggle from the Britishers. A few examples of these influencers are MostlySane and CarryMinati.

Starting with the money part that these influencers earn, let’s get into the statistics:

• YouTubers can make anywhere between $0.01 (Rs 0.75) to $0.03 (Rs 2.25) per view with AdSense, with an average of $0.18 (Rs 13.47) per view.
  • YouTubers make around $18 (Rs 1,347.66) per 1,000 ad views, which comes out to be $3 to $5 per 1,000 video views. Forbes estimates that top online talent YouTuber can make about $5 (Rs 375) for every 1,000 video views.
  • According to Forbes’s estimate of a pay rate of $5 per 1,000 views, a YouTube video with 1,000,000 views makes upwards of $5,000 (Rs 3,74,000). This makes the job of a modern-day influencer pretty lucrative!

The amount of money YouTube.com pays to an influencer depends on a variety of factors, such as:

• The number of views a video receives
  • The number of clicks an ad receives
  • Ad quality
  • Ad blockers
  • Video length
bhuvan bam and carry minati
Indian YouTubers Bhuvan Bam and CarryMinati

What Are The Other Ways In Which YouTubers Make Money?

Affiliate links: Links of brands that a YouTuber mentions in the video’s description box.

Merchandise: YouTubers often have their own shopping brands or merchandise collection in collaboration with other brands

Sponsorship: The word says it all

Who Are Some Of The Highest Paid YouTubers?

PS: None of the Indian Youtubers have made it to this list.

Sr No. Youtubers Earnings
1 Ryan Kaji $26 million
2 Dude Perfect $20 million
3 Anastasia Radzinskaya $18 million
4 Rhett and Link $17.5 million
5 Jeffree Star $17 million
6 Preston (Preston Arsement) $14 million
7 (Tie) PewDiePie (Felix Kjellberg) $13 million
7 (Tie) Markiplier (Mark Fischbach) $13 million
9 DanTDM (Daniel Middleton) $12 million
10 VanossGaming (Evan Fong) $11.5 million
(Credit: Forbes-2019)

In the above list, we don’t see any Indian YouTuber and the question is why? I believe the answer is language barrier — many Indian YouTubers use Hindi as their language of delivery. Another reason is the content they make — most of Indian YouTubers make entertaining content, instead of choosing other serious topics to talk about — such as news, covering laws, analysing movies, creating comic content, covering the environment and education, travel etc. Many also show a lack of creativity in terms of writing.

List Of Top Indian YouTubers

First on this list is Carry Minati, then comes Amit Bhadana, Ashish Chachlani Vines and BB ki Vines (even the names of some of these YouTube channels are the same). The point I’m trying to make here is the content we are following and the content that we should actually follow. I won’t suggest you any particular channels. But the entertainment value can’t be the only criteria to follow (especially at a time when the debate on nepotism is at its peak). So, in terms of following YouTube content, we should really think about making conscious choice in what we follow and watch.

1. Ratnadip P. Mali RD

To the point… Nice one

2. kamesh Sarode

Something Indian youth must think About.. Nice work Dear.

More from Apurva Chavhan

By shweta srivastava

By Zemima Khan

By Akanksha kapil