This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mumtaz Rehman. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Lessons That Helped Me Sail Through The Struggles Of Pandemic

More from Mumtaz Rehman

Have you considered Bruce Lee’s water analogy? It says Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash.

We have come a long way from March to October and I can recall the differences in opinions clashing on social media and hearing. Different people were at loggerheads at the beginning of a pandemic – one set that focused on being proficient and compulsive workers and the other set standing out to focus on the present and move one step at a time. Well, we all have our thoughts. Hence, the contrast in opinion can persist and it’s natural.

Therefore, Lesson Number 1: Don’t Hesitate To Speak Up, Your Voice Matters And So Do You

How about recalling the first time when all tried to cook and we tried to put different things whatever we came across together in one single silverware just having one thought in mind that please taste good! The changes, the happy moments, a few heartbreaks and some complete life-changing incidents took place in our lives and took us to a life-changing edge. The recurring thoughts, the fear of change and the fear of letting go of things should take you to a decision where you’re not struggling with your thoughts this time and not pretending but where you are at peace.

Therefore, Lesson Number 2: Change Is Constant. You Shouldn’t Be Afraid Because That’s How You Grow, Learn And Enjoy Every Bit And Piece Of Life

One simple yet very important thing we miss is thinking that we are not capable of doing something if we fail at it the first time. My very close pal once said that everything has an alternative and if we don’t get something at first, maybe it’s best for that time because, after that, you’ll get something even better. This analogy speaks in different aspects and requires patience and of course love.

Therefore, Lesson Number 3: If You Fall Down, Remember You Can Rise Too And That Is Very Important Because Dark Days Don’t Last Forever

• Everything makes sense when you give a little time to it and wait. It’s pretty difficult to not allow a few things to affect you and to avoid such things. Here are a few tips for you.
  • Try to make sense of everything you have at present. If anything seems absurd work on it.
  • You don’t have to give attention to things that will not stay with you till the time you want. Therefore leave it.
  • The best investment is made when it’s on you.
  • Write it down or draw the most epic art piece ever.
  • Have you heard of tea or coffee lovers talking about their favourite? Does beverage work wonder for them? Well yes, it does magic instantly.

It’s okay to take a break from things that have an impact on you. Therapy and counselling are not elitist as many may consider. They are something most people don’t consider to be important and approachable. Several factors change the minds of people regarding seeking help. So, it’s our responsibility to be there for those who come to talk to us and for those who find it difficult to open up too.

Therefore, Lesson Number 4: Be Kind And Empathetic. Look Out For Your Fam And Look Our For Those Who Need Help

Joining NGOs, local teams and even social media to promote mental hygiene are the very first ways to preach what one practice and to show that people can still believe in the restoration of good times and bringing out their best. You are not expected to be happy all the time but you are expected to acknowledge your feelings. You are supposed to learn that you will never be the person who’s alone going to face anything that is disputing and that each individual has a different time to shine and your time is next!

Therefore Lesson Number 5: You Matter, You Do.

More from Mumtaz Rehman

By Srihita Vanguri

By Uma Medhi

By Preeti Ojha