This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mumtaz Rehman. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Can We Please Continue Talking About Bihar’s Education System Even After The Elections?

More from Mumtaz Rehman

“Sarhadon par bahut tanaav hai kya, kuchh pata to karo chunaav hai kya,” asserted Rahat Indori.

The formation of political parties based on religion, caste, language and other completely unrelated factors already hit us differently. Looking around feels like looking at communal atrocious hatred and listening to the debate that is completely unrelated to development.

The first phase of election started on 28th October’ 20 and even though the campaign concluded with the same meaningless topics and blame game, pointing out personal things of candidates by other candidates and of course Pakistan, there are a lot of questions in the minds of millions of voters, who are still struggling for necessities.

Bihar politicians.

The Questions Of The People Of Bihar

People are raising questions on unemployment, food scarcity, poor education and infrastructure every day but it reaches deaf ears. Millions of migrant workers returned home due to lockdown and are struggling today. Isn’t it visible now also that we are trapped in a vicious cycle that leads us nowhere at the end of the day? A system that doesn’t invest in quality education puts pressure on the child indirectly to learn everything on his own without the availability of books, lack of resources to reach out to professionals, poor availability of internet connection and even worse conditions for those residing in village areas be it any individual.

Yet again we are trapped in the cycle of the political parties who are hungry to win but not very dedicated to spending the same amount of efforts in providing incentives to those who lost their jobs, in planning out to encourage factories and businesses to come and set up in Bihar, in actually fulfilling the promise of construction of toilets and start dedicating much time in improving the image of Bihar not just to show to other states but with a welfare motive. However, the problem is very much in front of our eyes.

Bihar lacks the required infrastructure, the system is corrupt and people are forced to move to other metropolitan cities in search of better living conditions.

Bihar bridge collapse

It’s surprising as to how it never occurred to the government to start focusing on the basic thing that is education. An individual starts to perform well when they are informed well. Looking over to the other side, other developing states filled with opportunities and resources act as a factor to migrate. Most families in Bihar start creating pressure on the younger ones to go out and earn but this is about the privileged ones who are financially well.

What about the daughters and sons of those poor farmers or the ones residing in houses made up of mud and woods? There are parts of Bihar still residing in an illusion deprived of vocational training, tutors to guide students through mental health and pressure, guide them for personality building and a vast field of career opportunities that does not only end with PCM and PCB but also includes designing, culinary skills, content creation, trade and commerce and a lot more opportunities.

The education system is filled with scandals, teachers protest every day, students feel unmotivated and don’t consider education as a necessity anymore because of the already persisting culture of causality in the behaviour of the government, corrupt officials and doubt as to whether be a part of something that itself is not strong enough to fulfil their dreams and aspirations or struggle as usual because the system will never change until and unless the people who are the part of the system don’t change.

Created by Mumtaz Rehman

Do you think if the quality of education is improved in Bihar then that could lead to overall development of the state as well?

The fight this time is intense and the people of Bihar have come up with a voice and informed mindset. According to The Quint’s report, the people of Bihar have also started raising questions and demanding what rightfully belongs to them. The population is not going to vote for a single party because they have very much realized the end goal of all the fruitful promises as claimed by these parties hold a doubtful place in the hearts of the voters. Even when this political circus is over, if the population stands by its demand and holds leaders accountable, then we can one day expect a constructive change.

Featured image is for representational purposes only.

More from Mumtaz Rehman

By Ehaab

By malvika