Youth Ki Awaaz is looking for an enthusiastic and capable Social Media Manager with a voracious appetite for climate change content as well as key social media skills, knowledge of the latest climate policy trends, public conversations on different platforms and an understanding of digital campaigning for social causes.
You’ll be working very closely with the Youth Ki Awaaz Programs team and YKA’s Climate Change project with a sharp policy transformation focus, to run engaging social media campaigns on a range of climate issues, and produce smart and engaging content.
- Manage day to day planning, conceptualisation and posting of climate change-related content, within YKA’s climate focus area, on Youth Ki Awaaz’s social media handles.
- Conceptualise, design and execute social media campaigns and engagements in collaboration with potential partners, high impact non-profits and climate activism groups from across the country.
- Work with the YKA Editorial and Programs teams to create and manage distribution channels for the content coming on the YKA platform, written and submitted by the YKA community.
Skills and qualities required:
- At least 3 years experience in social media management and working in teams, preferably at a digital-first/media/development sector organisation
- Proven track record of designing strategies and tactics for organic growth of campaign/project on social media, including engaging users and deriving analysis.
- Clear understanding of data and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Insights on Facebook and Instagram and Twitter Analytics.
- High level of comfort in creating detailed reports with analysis.
- Experience and expertise in creating content for social media, and understanding of content for different social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,).
- Passion for creating social change and a mid-level expertise in climate change and India’s climate policy framework. Additionally, a keen inclination towards current affairs.
- Experience and willingness to work with a diverse set of people with different abilities and understanding.
- Have an organised approach to maintaining weekly, quarterly and monthly numbers to be able to deliver robust reports around campaign performance and outputs as required.
- Set up simple yet effective monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for your projects.
- A willingness to take risks, fail, learn and adapt.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, and a working knowledge of Hindi are preferable.
- Excellent organisation, planning, coordination and multitasking skills.
- Ability to approach targets with a holistic perspective and the ability to adhere to deadlines.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, market-standard
About Youth Ki Awaaz:
India’s largest youth media platform with over 4 million monthly readers and thousands of writers. The platform is fuelled by young, passionate individuals mainly in the age group of 18-35 years. Comprising social entrepreneurs, citizen journalists, student leaders, individuals creating change at the grassroots, innovators, writers and researchers, this community has created on-ground change through digital advocacy, started offline movements, online trends and nationwide conversations.
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Climate Social Media’ in the subject line.