This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Rafia khan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

“The Tanishq Ad Is A Sign Of National Integrity”

More from Rafia khan

Marriage is a beautiful journey of two people with mutual understanding, respect, love and care for each other. There is nothing out of this box. We need to enjoy our marriage and love with our partner. Soul mates or life partners or your companion, they must be chosen on the soul ground.

Whenever we label our self, we use sentences like “I am Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Christian etc”. Do you notice that you never say “I am a Hindu or a Muslim soul”? We are souls and not our religious identities.

So what’s wrong with interfaith marriage? We always hear people talk that India, our beloved country, is a place whose diversity is its pillar of strength. So why can’t we cherry-pick our life partners as per our mental and emotional bonding?

Tanishq opened a ground of diversity through its ad but some people, with their stained mentality, could not digest this healthy effort and trended the #BoycottTanishq hashtag and said that it enhances ‘Love Jihad’. I just want to say: Hats off to Tanishq jewellers. I will do all my shopping from their stores now. Due to their noble step towards humanity, I greet them and I have immense respect for Tanishq in my heart now.

To those who are threatening and trolling Tanishq, I want to ask a question: Do they know the meaning of a Tanishq?  Let me tell them that. It is also a Hindu word which means –jewel, dear, precious. It’s important you understand the meaning before trolling them.  It’s important you understand the meaning of the words Tanishq, Love, Jihad, Marriage before using them.

Love is a pure emotion felt by a human being. Jihad means a sacred war against discrimination.

A significant facet I would like to express here is that there is nothing immoral in this add; the real problem is in the minds of people. They have a filthy mindset, therefore they are claiming this ad as ‘love jihad’. This ad is a great effort towards Hindu Muslim unity. This ad does not represent ‘love jihad’. But people with a problematic mentality must be confronted and told that this is not ‘love jihad’ because these people are harmful junks trying to destroy the sovereignty of our Indian values.

Let me give you an example of a movie which everyone watches and enjoys. This is just 45 seconds ad and they are crying about it. Why do they not show their anger towards movies that are also a symbol of love and interfaith marriage? Veer Zara. Gadar: Ek Prem Katha. Pinjar. Ek Duje Ke Liye and many more.

I don’t understand why there’s no anger on these movies then. The duration of the movie is also more than two hours.

Just imagine how nasty they are. All these movies were hits and they have a lasting influence on the mind of the audience positively rather a grubby notion. We need to promote interfaith marriages. These marriages are a sign of cultural integrity. The ad was a praiseworthy step to boost Indian culture at the same time.

This is my appeal from the bottom of my heart that everyone should contribute in the form of such ads, movies, drama, serials etc to boost the national integrity on the utmost level. Jai Hind

More from Rafia khan

By Aishwarya Kr