This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Nitya Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Transformation Of Humanism To Animalism

More from Nitya Singh

Hathras, the western city of Uttar Pradesh has been in news since quite a good long time back, to be specific and mentioning a case, it is the place where a couple was found hanged on a tree….but this time the condition has become more worse, This time, it is a girl who is gang raped and struggled hard for life… But unfortunately, couldn’t survive… 

4 men, kidnapped, gang raped her, broke her spine, slit her tongue, and left her in a pitiful condition. Even the hospitals of Hathras, Aligarh and AIIMS, raised their hands for her. If such condition is not a so called serious condition then they should give a specific definition of it. This girl has been fighting for 14 days..and it would not be wrong to say, that she was killed twice, once by the alleged culprits and secondly, by these hospital authorities.

In fact that wasn’t it…in Hinduism is it not permitted to perform the last rites after the sunset, but that doesn’t bother the policemen of the state. At 2:30a.m. , the dead body of the girl was burnt with kerosene oil, and they didn’t even allowed the family members to see their daughter for the last time… I don’t think this is the right way to bid adieu…. What were they trying to hide, whom did they want to save… 

In fact, another thing to be taken in concern that, when the government machinery fails to save a victim, the opposition should stand up and question to them, but this should not be on sided and completely biased. In a post, I came across, there were 3 major conditions mentioned by the congress that, if they’re fulfilled, then only they’ll come up to fight for them.

1. Victim should be a dalit.
  2. State must be BJP ruling
  3. Culprit should be hindu; upper caste preferred.

Unbelievable right??

Even At once I didn’t wanted to believe it but, when the case of Balrampur arrived, it somewhere proved to be true to me, as the 2 conditions were favorable but third on not. Hence they didn’t touch it. What kind of NYAY is it?

The society, government, law enforcement machinery and judiciary all of these should work together to safeguard the women and respect and maintain their dignity. Also, though it is quite difficult but if tried then the political fraternity should unite too against such dreadful crime. Rape is a heinous crime and there is no caste, religion or stream of the victim.

It’s all going the game of power and politics.If politics and taking political advantages, of such conditions are not going to  stop, the conditions will get even more scary in future…!

More from Nitya Singh

By Prabhanu Kumar Das

By Mark Twain

By Swadheen Islam Robi