This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Prince Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why ‽

Source : Internet

– As per 2015 Credit Suisse report, the Indian Armed Forces is the world’s fifth-most powerful military, whereas the 2020 GlobalFirepower report lists it as the fourth most-powerful military.

– The literacy rate of India is 77.7% while Kerala has emerged as the most literate state in the country, followed by Delhi while Andhra Pradesh has recorded the lowest literacy rate.

– Overall, India had around 104 billionaires in 2019, and ranked fifth globally in terms of its ultra-net-worth individuals.

– India tops the list with 356 million young people as the country of world’s largest youth population.

– India’s major mineral resources include Coal (4th largest reserves in the world), Iron ore, Manganese ore (7th largest reserve in the world as in 2013), Mica, Bauxite (5th largest reserve in the world as in 2013), Chromite, Natural gas, Diamonds, Limestone and Thorium. India’s oil reserves, found in Bombay High off the coast of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and in eastern Assam meet 25% of the country’s demand.

– India is the 7th largest country in the world. 

And if you focus on the history, geographical composition and culture of India, then you will get many aspects to speak about India’s best. But despite being so great, India fails as a country. It is losing its prominence simply because of a few following links, and those are WOMEN SAFETY and WOMEN RIGHTS.

One rape was reported every 15 minutes in India in 2018. In 2018, the national average rape rate (per 1,00,000 population) was 5.2, same as the previous year. Tamil Nadu (0.9), Nagaland (1.0) and Bihar (1.1) had the lowest rape rates while Chhattisgarh (14.7) had the highest rape rate.

While there are many cases of crime against women that are reported there are a lot more cases that are unreported and the treacherous misdoings persist. The statistics on crime against women is even worse: Every 2 minutes, a woman in India is a victim of a crime.

Using a small sample survey, Human Rights Watch projects more than 7,200 minors – 1.6 in 100,000 minors – are raped each year in India. Among these, victims who do report the assaults are alleged to suffer mistreatment and humiliation from the police. Minor girls are trafficked into prostitution in India, thus rape of minors conflates into a lifetime of suffering. Of the countries studied by Maplecroft on sex trafficking and crime against minors, India was ranked 7th worst.

So the conclusion is that women are not safe, not even in their homes. No matter how much India calls itself the best.. but in a country where women are not safe, the country where fundamental rights have demolished like Babri Masjid, I do not think such a country will ever be able to develop.

– Why there is no discussion on WOMEN SAFETY and WOMEN RIGHTS in this country? 

– Why the Constitution does not amend the fundamental rights of women? 

– Why the Constitution does not have stringent laws for inhuman crime like RAPE?

– Why doesn’t the government make SEX EDUCATION mandatory? 

Does the government have answers to our WHYs ‽

More from Prince Singh

By cbgumozy

By cbgumozy

By Anthony Tony