This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by shakeel ahmad. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Would Lunar Ice Deposits Make Way For Human Presence On Moon?

More from shakeel ahmad

NASA’s major new find–millions of small deposits of ice dotted all over the Moon’s surface spreading around 25,000 square miles could contain water — is a game-changer. That quantity is equivalent to a lake half the size of England – almost four times as much as previous estimates. Even going a little farther, last week NASA awarded Nokia a $14 billion ( £10.7bn) contract to build a mobile network on the moon in the year 2022, so the first woman and next man will be able to phone home from the moon.

What I am wondering is whether this could be possible? I can’t see anywhere people are talking about it. And will us having found a safer moon area than this Coronavirus-inflicted earth feel relaxed?

Whatever revelations have been surfaced after scientists deep endeavours may pave a way for the man’s inkling of settling on the moon. It somehow solves the man’s problem of water on the moon, a satellite of the earth. This means inhabitance can be evolved on that big star. Practically water, air and vegetation are very much required to inhabit a place and the moon has completed one vital and solid requirement of the life support. Therefore, human settlement is no longer only a dream currently.

Previously we used to come to know of the news of buying land on the moon but from now onwards there will now be no discomfort in settling there. Because of the availability of the precious water possibility of human presence on the ball-shaped moon boosts, according to the scientists. The time is not too far when the man and the woman would start visiting the moon initially for a short stay and afterwards, other options would be rummaged with the help of advanced techniques for a little longer stay.

Who would dash first to the moon for the new experience? Though the scientist clears it by saying it is a woman. But the million-dollar question still disturbs the man. Whether it woman from India or America would be trained to stay on the moon. Definitely, Indians would not step on it first as they have already understood ‘Saare Jehan Se Accha Hindosta Hamara’, is not it so? Then Americans would make a hurry to go to the moon.

There is little doubt over it. However, they would proceed to say they had already settled in the new world. So there stands no reason for them to dash towards the moon. But, if they do not get ready, none of the NATO countries would come forward in taking initiative. Then, the moon journey would linger in doldrums in the absence of courageous “First.” Will it be like Adam’s abrupt exit from the Paradise? Would any Lady Macbeth provoke the earthly male to resume trip towards the moon—a quiet and promising domicile?

More from shakeel ahmad

By Abhishek Chaudhary