This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by PRAMOD SINGH. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Things I Would Like To Know: A Checklist For Employers Of Security Professionals

More from PRAMOD SINGH

I would like to know:

1. Whether all private security agencies are adhering to ‘The Private Security Agencies (regulation) Act, 2005’ and ‘The Private Security Agencies Central Model rules, 2006‘ issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs.

2. Whether private security agencies are providing security supervisors, security guards, gunmen, ladies guard with mandatory documents/training, wages and a PSARA licence.

3. Whether private security agencies are functioning with:
(a) PSARA License: Do they have a PSARA certificate under the provision of rule four, seven and 12 of ‘The Private Security Agency (Regulation) Act, 2005’?
(b) Do they have a GST certificate or registration?
(c) Training Certificate: Do those who’re undergoing successfully training are awarded a certificate in Form IV as per Rule 5 (3) of 2006 rule from the training institute or organisation for security supervisors, security guards, gunmen and ladies guard
(d) Medical status: Is the Medical as per Rule 6 (3) of the 2006 rule being carried out in case of security supervisors, security guards, gunmen and ladies guard once in every 12 months
(e) Police Verification: Is Police Verification report of security supervisors, security guards, gunmen and ladies guard is carried out?
(f) Provident Fund: Is Provident Fund being deducted from the employees and balance paid by the security agencies?
(g) Employee State insurance (ESI): Is ESI being deducted from the employees and the balance being paid by the security agencies, a lack of which may deprive the security men of medical facilities?
(h) Bonus: Are bonus given to the employees as per the government norms?
(i) Semi-skilled and skilled employees: Are the security men being paid wages as per the individual qualification of a semi-skilled or skilled employee?
(j) Working Hours: Are these security men working for eight hours or have to work extra hours? In case they are performing extra duty, are they being paid extra duty wages?
(k) Weekend: Are they being given one paid weekly off after every six days of continuous duty?

Whether all private security agencies are adhering to the law of the land is something that anyone enlisting the services of security agencies should ask. 

3. Section 5 of  Code on Wages, 2019, says that “No employer shall pay to any employee wages less than the minimum rate of wages notified by the appropriate Government.”  Are private security agencies paying wages to the security supervisors, security guards, gunmen, ladies guard etc. as per the Minimum Mandatory Wages specified by the Government?

4. Are some private security agencies subverting the system which may lead to security hazards to human beings and also, exploitation of the staff by not given their legitimate mandatory wages in spite of  they are doing overtime duties?

5.With citizens’ support, we can strengthen our security in our as well as our children’s interest by ensuring that these private security agencies do not subvert the system, thus, strictly adhering to the acts/rules/policies set by the government. There is also a need to ensure zero exploitation and legitimate pay of the security staff.

Their deployment may be happening for education institutes, multinational companies, hospitals, apartments, schools, banks, malls etc, wherein we are living/doing job/visiting/children.

Citizens togetherness will be a great support to our government.

More from PRAMOD SINGH

By Jyotsna Richhariya