YKA Is Hiring: Lead – Video Production and Training

Youth Ki Awaaz is looking for a motivated and experienced video producer with relevant news, journalism, as well as training experience and a keen eye for detail to lead its video production and mobile journalism efforts and partner programs. The candidate must also have extensive experience in planning and delivering workshops, overseeing implementation, strategy, sourcing narratives and providing mentorship to mobile and citizen journalists and video creators. The role involves working with YKA’s video editors to plan, strategise and produce community video content, and leading workshops and training with a focus on high-quality outcome.

Roles and responsibilities:

• Plan and conceptualise YKA’s original video content plan, as well as a plan that involves working with YKA users to bring forth critical issues that need attention.
  • Work on launching mobile shot shows by citizens on thematics of critical concern to YKA and its partners.
  • Track, report and work on improving viewership as well as subscriber base of YKA’s video audience.
  • Work with YKA’s video editors to plan daily, weekly and monthly work schedules with a hands-on approach to help prioritize and deliver timely outputs.
  • Work with YKA’s partner organisations to understand specific issues that need high-quality video content and work with YKA’s users to create a production funnel for the same.
  • Conceptualise and plan workshops and training to impart key mobile and citizen journalism skills to young participants.
  • Work and collaborate with the team to ensure consistency across all workshop sessions.
  • Ensure accuracy in information is delivered, work on session notes and feedback.
  • Reaching out to and managing database of participants for the workshop, mentoring participants through the course of time to produce compelling stories.
  • Manage the documentation process end to end.
  • Develop, design and regularly update session training resources, work with the team on the evaluation processes to collect and analyse data for successful workshops.
  • Manage debriefing with the internal team and workshop participants (including follow-ups).
  • Communicate across teams to ensure effective delivery of the workshop programme.
  • Develop the workshop report and analyse the evaluation findings for further dissemination.
  • Collect testimonials post workshops to generate excitement online and encourage community members to take action.

Required skills:

• 5+ years of experience in mobile journalism and storytelling.
  • 3+ years of experience in conducting extensive workshop, training or facilitation experience in citizen and mobile journalism.
  • Ability to support and inspire a diverse range of young people aged 18-35, able to prioritize and make the best use of their skills in MOJO.
  • Ability to effectively deliver and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment within a scheduled time with limited supervision and confidently handle demanding deadlines.
  • Excellent interpersonal, organisational, communication, facilitation and time management skills, including experience of presenting, public speaking and training delivery with an eye for detail.
  • Experience of developing workshop and training material, ability to manage a significant workload and adhere to tight deadlines.
  • Excellent research skills, creative and is constantly looking for ‘out of the box’ ideas.
  • Ability to collaborate, influence and partner with other internal and external teams.
  • Excellent networking, written and verbal skills
  • Proficient with MS Office

Start date: Immediate

How to apply: Interested applicants can email their CV and relevant links of past work to careers@youthkiawaaz.com with the subject line: Name, Application for project on Mobile Journalism

About Youth Ki Awaaz: Youth Ki Awaaz (YKA) is India’s largest, crowdsourced media platform that engages young people on key social justice issues. The YKA community represents young India’s voice on critical issues shaping our world. YKA enables young people to address and engage in important social justice issues that matter to them – through writing and media creation via powerful storytelling, first-person narratives, opinions, experiences, and more.

By Youth Ki Awaaz

By Youth Ki Awaaz

By Youth Ki Awaaz