This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Meir Najaf. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Places You Must Surely Visit In The Mystical City Of Forts!

More from Meir Najaf

Alwar, a city surrounded by Aravallis is a prominent tourist destination of Rajasthan. It is a small city which is famous for its past glory. Today the remnants of many forts and palaces showcase the rich history of Alwar. Not only the old palaces but the Alwar is also famous for its wildlife. It is near to the Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary which is the Abode of Royal Bengal Tigers. So, let us know the Top 5 places to visit in Alwar which you should not miss.

Bhangarh Fort

Situated at a distance of 90 km from Alwar is the dreaded Bhangarh Fort. Infamous for being Asia’s most haunted place. Bhangarh Fort is the place to go if you are looking for some thrill. The agrestic and ruined Fort depicts the different haunting stories of Bhangarh. It also happens to be the site where some scenes of Karan Arjun were shot. P.S. Karan Arjun is a very famous Bollywood movie.

Representational Image. Situated at a distance of 90 km from Alwar is the dreaded Bhangarh Fort.

Important – Archaeological Survey of India, prohibits tourists from visiting before sunrise and after sunset.

Siliserh Lake

Siliserh Lake is a beautiful man-made lake commissioned by Maharaja Vinay Singh in the backdrop of Aravalli hills. Folks looking to spend some tranquil time in the vicinity of the lake can visit Siliserh. Moreover, the sighting of migratory birds during winters is another great attraction of this lake.

There is also a hotel run by RTDC which is used to be a palace on the foothill of the Lake. This palace was a hunting lodge for royal kings during the olden days. But now it has been converted into a heritage hotel.

Quila

Bala Quila is also known as Alwar Fort, a magnificent monument situated on a hilltop. The fort extends 5kms from north to south and 2kms from east to west. It was built by Hasan Mewati, a Muslim ruler who fought for Rana Sanga against the Mughal King Babur in the battle of Khanwa.

In totality, Bala Quila consists of 15 large towers, 8 bastions, and 51 small towers. There are also around 500 holes that were made for firing through small canons. From Khanzadas to Jats, Quila has been invaded a lot of times. But it is still well preserved and well maintained by the ASI.

City Palace Alwar

City Palace in Alwar is a beautiful palace adorned with majestic marble pavilions. The building style of this palace inhibits the perfect blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture. The palace also houses a museum that is famous for exhibiting miniature paintings and some historic artefacts of various Rajput and Mughal rulers. At present this Palace was home to government offices so some parts of the palace are blocked for tourists.

Moosi Maharani Ki Chhatri

Moosi Maharani Ki Chhatri is a marvellous monument cum cenotaph built by Maharaja Vinay Singh. This tomb is dedicated to Maharaja Bakhtawar Singh’s wife Rani Moosi. Rani Moosi died while performing the ritual of Sati.

The perfect blend of Indo-Islamic architectural styles of this cenotaph with gold leaf paintings and sculptures on ceilings depicting mythological facts and court scenes are magnificent attractions. And the garden around the cenotaph with varied flower plants is another great attraction.

Additionally, Alwar is also famous for the Sariska Tiger Reserve – Sariska is one of the best places for adventure seekers and wildlife enthusiasts. The major attraction of this sanctuary is the presence of the Royal Bengal Tigers. A tiger can be spotted easily in this sanctuary.

So folks, if you are looking for an offbeat destination that can offer you a diverse experience then Alwar is the place to go.

Featured Image Source: Wikimedia
Image is for representation purposes only.

More from Meir Najaf

By Badshah Prince Patel

By Arpit Sachan

By Ehaab