This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mir Mohsi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Dowry

More from Mir Mohsi

.Today we have seen the problems of the marriages at every corner of world.The only reason behind this is a nonsense act i.e dowry and the negative suggestions of people to follow the western culture. Day by day this process is gaining ground,no one is dead set against it .The worst thing is that we don’t saw the poor people who are already suffering from hard knocks.Let’s have a islamic view on marriage.The Abu Huraira(R.A) told us the four qualities that we have to see before marrying a girl the first one is the girl should be intelligent second one is the beauty of a girl third one is status of girl and the fourth one is the character of girl.All this is right. The beautiful means her thinking should be pure ,status means is she rich in terms of good deeds ?but we have taken it as wrong as we think this means beautiful face royal etc. The Muhammad-ur-Rasool allah (S.A.W) has told us that these four things are good but without islam nothing is meaningful. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)told us first important thing is you understand the terms of marriage, According to islam the rule of marriage is don’t saw the jobs, beauty and royalty .The only thing that we have to see is emaan. One day i heard an incident that there was a poor family they were six family members mom dad and four sisters but they were very poor .One day a family offers a marriage proposal to the elder girl of that house .The daughter was fully frustrated because she was well aware about their poverty and this nonsense thing dowry .she knows that her father can’t afford the expensive things and dowry.when her marriage activities started she goes towards the shop but was very disturbed and she pin down a painful letter to his father she wrote ,”dear my father ..you can’t afford the money and dowry that this society needs and wants that’s why i am ending,my life i am feeling like I am knocking on heaven’s door” and then she committed suicide.When her words reached to her father he must had cried like a hopeless father as he had lost his daughter only because of poverty.On the day of judgement she will stand and ask everyone ,”you people were the reason behind my suicide because you saw the properties and bank balance only not the sufferings of poor people, this is the crime that you people committed on poor” The islam told us don’t saw the girl’s physical beauty and her royal status but look at her innosence and emaan always give her the mercy because the god will reward you on this.But today we saw the problem of marriages, late marriages because the family of boy demands dowry from girl family .The trend that people are using is that first thay will say,” We don’t anything from you accept your kind daughter”. But after marriage the groom’s family demand dowry,they forces girl to ask her family for dowry and luxurious things .If she didn’t do this she became the victim of domestic violence and this is how the poor girls and even sometimes the high standard girls also commits suicide.They put the end of their lives to avoid all these domestic violence . This is one of the shameful activity that has caused chaos in poor people and sometimes this became the reason of infanticide .Today every poor girl is depressed,frustrated.On the day of judgement the Almighty Allah will ask us what you were doing ?why you don’t spoke a word against this? This world has become a prison for poor family having girls their family, every person ignore this and the dowry is today a kind of fashion ,a showoff that kill hundreds of people everyday everywhere in the world ,but no spoke a word against it ,no-one concentrate what islam and humanity told us about marriage. According to Islam marriage is half deen .When a man marry with a girl he didn’t remember that the girl had completed his half emaan instead of loving her respecting her he beats her on dowry he didn’t remember that she has left her home for him.Today everyone boy desires to marry with a royal girl as her family will give a alot of dowry,that is why today marriage has become a miserable act for poor people . Here i will quote an example of true love and that is there was a time when the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)and the Aisha(R.A) were sitting in their home , the Aisha(R.A) was very ill She(R.A) said to the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) to give me the glass of water the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W)gives her the glass of water.Aisha(R.A) drink the water but the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) was continuously looking at the glass ,on seeing this the (R.A) Aisha said to the Prophet Muhammad ( S.A.W) ,”why you are looking at the glass like this”.The Prophet Muhammad ( S.A.W)replied her that i am looking at the brim of glass and i’m noticing where your teeth had touched the glass because i also want to drink from that point of glass. This is reality of true love and this thing shows us that we should always love,respect a women instead of beating her .This shows us that if we follow the islamic and humanistic way no poor girl commit suicide no girl will remain unmarried no one will became the victim of domestic violence because these things will never put us down but it raises our respect in society and most important it will raises our level of good deeds infront of Almighty on judgement day.But today it is just like a dream today we saw everywhere the youth is only demanding dowry ,no one is understanding the real meaning of marriage they don’t know what marriage is actually .We have to dead set against it because this process is created chaos and confusion in every poor victims mind .The Hazrat Ali( R.A) had asked us that duniya is nothing but a beautiful lie .. don’t waste the precious time on the things that will put in in hell ,always live a kind life respect a women as she completes your half emaam be a kind humble human not a selfish and arrogant one as our Almighty loves kind persons not arrogants..

More from Mir Mohsi

By