This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ritwik Trivedi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Opinion: Scapegoating Sanjay Raut May Not Be A Solution

More from Ritwik Trivedi

Shivsena workers planned to put this banner up outside the Enforcement Directorate office in Mumbai. Coming shortly after Shivsena’s firebrand leader, spokesperson, and strategist Sanjay Raut’s wife Varsha was summoned by the ED over her alleged involvement in the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank fraud.

Sanjay Raut Has Termed ED Summons As A Price For His Fierce Editorials

A case has also been registered against her under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) by the ED. Though Varsha Raut has sought time from ED for her physical appearance Raut has termed these summons as a price for his fierce and bold take and task which he often adopts in the Saamna editorial – a political mouthpiece of Shivsena.

Shivsena workers planned to put this banner up outside the Enforcement Directorate office in Mumbai. The image has been provided by the user.

How else can this brazen action by the Centre be situated and located? Though Shivsena and BJP were allies for long in Maharashtra matters escalated between Devendra Fadnavis and Uddhav Thackeray after the latter walked out of his alliance with the Bhartiya Janta Party in November 2019.

Raut May Be Able To Attract The Fence Sitters

Uddhav’s Chief Ministerial ambitions came in the way of his equations with its traditional ally BJP. Sharad Pawar understood it well and responded sharply after Uddhav’s persuasion as for staking claim to power in the state. BJP is throwing its lot in Maharashtra sensing occasions and opportunities to destabilize the Maha Vikas Aghadi government in the state.

In this regard haunting, Raut comes with his merits in attracting the fence-sitters who might any day want to signal a shift in their loyalty, allegiance, and obedience.

Contradictions, chaos, and conflicts may chip the conviction and confidence of the MVA constituents but that is far from happening. Sharad Pawar possesses the privilege and profile of perfecting a masterstroke. As for his nephew, Ajit Pawar triumphed the fate of Devendra Fadnavis upside down shortly before MVA was sworn to power.

Don’t dare to challenge the might of Marathi manoos.

Featured Image Source: Wikimedia
Image is for representation purposes only.

More from Ritwik Trivedi

By Shakir

By Sushil Kuwar

By Akshay S