This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Internshala. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

On The Scope Of Learning Android App Development In 2021

More from Internshala

Humans’ growing dependence on mobile phones highlights the fact that seamless, fast, versatile, and up-to-date applications for the smooth functioning of our everyday tasks are the need of the hour. The pandemic induced various changes in our lifestyle brought dynamic work-from-home culture and changed the learning methodologies. Owing to this, various mobile apps for food delivering, video conferencing, online classroom, grocery delivery, team gaming or trivia, and social media gained immense popularity. 

a person holding a phone in their hand
Representative image.

When it comes to mobile app development, Android is easily customisable, compatible with different devices, cost-effective, and is a responsive operating system.  The widespread user base and the comparatively flexible app store gives developers the liberty to experiment and come up with revolutionary applications for Android devices. From smartphones, Android has now ventured into smartwatches, home appliances, cars, and TV units., And, it would continue to grow tremendously bringing immense job opportunities for Android experts. Here are a few important things about Android that highlight why learning Android app development in 2021 would be a great move. 

• AI and machine learning integration – Artificial intelligence and machine learning are two evolving technologies that contribute to building intelligent, faster, and self-reliant products. Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, and Alexa are few AI examples that have made mobile phones and other home devices better. Face recognition, filters (like in Snapchat), photo tags automatically detecting faces, the auto recommendation of emoticons, detecting real-time traffic, and search recommendations, are some common machine learning features integrated into our Android phones. As the requirement for personalised and customisable applications would grow, the usage of AI and ML in Android would increase and make the user experience better. Individuals skilled or willing to get skilled in AI or ML  can also make their way into Android app development and build apps that create personal connections with users, use voice search to execute orders, reduce capital investment with more machines and less human involvement, and ultimately increase the number of purchases.
  • Increasing usage of Android in wearable devices – Smartwatches and fitness bands have already made a huge impact in creating awareness among people around fitness through features like counting steps, gyroscope, barometer, heart rate tracker, calorie tracker, sleep monitoring, and syncing with smart health apps. Innovation in similar wearable products such as VR headsets and smart glasses that can be connected, managed, and operated through Android would continue to boost as they allow the users to take control of multiple tasks through one device. Android experts who can design apps for entertainment, education, and healthcare and can customize them accordingly to work on both phones and wearable devices would be high in demand. Integration of Android in wearables would allow businesses make their apps more discoverable, increase the user interaction, help their customers navigate better, provide advanced actionable notifications, innovation in gamification, provide on-the-go services, and ensure high data security.

Representative image.
  • Rising job opportunities in multiple sectors – A website and Android mobile app has to be the main product of a business whether it operates online or physically. To serve the technologically equipped customers, companies across private and government industries are seeking experts to build, secure, manage, upgrade, and maintain Android apps that make the customer experience better. Holding the structure of digital India, mobile payment apps would continue to hire experts who can ensure secure end-to-end transactions. Jobs in the ed-tech sector are also on a peak, hiring individuals skilled in building world-class learning solutions for students and working professionals. India’s healthcare sector has also taken a step ahead and is helping customers schedule online appointments, connect with doctors on phone calls or chat, and get the prescribed medicines delivered at their doorstep. Similarly, the requirement of Android app developers would continue to rise exponentially across industries that have now started selling their products online like cosmetics, dairy, fashion, furniture, hotel, music, toys, and so on. 

As these trends highlight the growing scope of Android app development globally, interested individuals can enrol in the advanced up-to-date online training that allows beginners to learn Android app development skills from the comfort of their homes. Through multiple modules, enrolled students can learn XML and Kotlin and build their own real-world projects where they create a food ordering app from scratch, a robot in Kotlin, an avengers app, and a book app. These training also provide placement assistance and access to curated internship and fresher job opportunities to the learners and a certificate of training completion to validate their skills. 

Courtesy: Internshala Trainings, A e-learning platform to learn new-age skills from Internshala. 

More from Internshala

By ANKIT MISHRA

By Education Updates

By Kalsepadaishuru