This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Soumita Sen. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Farmer Protest: All That Happened In The Tractor March

More from Soumita Sen

The most talked about movement that has grabbed national attention is the The Tractor Rally or The Farm Bill Protest, which registered completion of two months.

The center’s contentious farm laws that are to be presented in the union budget instigated the massive protest predominantly led by the farmers of northern India which has evolved majorly in this period of 60 days.

What Went Down At Delhi’s Borders On Republic Day

Despite the Supreme Court’s stay order and a rather logical demand of not removing the MSP, the bill appears to be unaltered, much to the rigid approach of the central government.

Tear gas used to disperse farmers attempting to break barricades for the ‘Kisan Gantantra Parade’ near Akshardham in New Delhi (PTI Photo)

Today the entire nation is celebrating the 72nd Republic Day – the day when the Indian Constitution was legally penned down. Let’s see how the voice of dissent and questioning is being suppressed.

The Delhi Police Tuesday utilized tear gas on the protesting farmers after they broke blockades, assaulted police faculty, and vandalized a police transport at ITO in Central Delhi.

Prior this morning, chaos won at Delhi’s borders as groups of challenging ranchers camping at Singhu, Tikri, and Ghazipur border focus of the national capital broke police blockades to constrain their way into the capital, sometime recently the time designated by the Delhi Police for their tractor parade.

The police utilized lathi-charge, tear gas at farmers in Singhu and Ghazipur. The Farm protest bodies have issued strict information to guarantee that no untoward occurrence occurs amid the dissents.

Reportedly 3000 volunteers will be helping Delhi Police in guaranteeing law and arrange amid the revives, a war room has been set up to ensure the march progresses peacefully. Each rally will have around 40 volunteers as restorative staff, crisis staff other than others.

Police Resorted To Lathi-Charge After Protesting Farmers Crossed The Barricades

Farmers have been instructed to show the national hail and play patriotic songs. Alongside, farmers in Maharashtra are protesting in Mumbai’s Azad Maidan. Some glimpses and updates as published on the Indian Express- #WATCH: A Delhi Police personnel rescued by protesters as one section of protesters attempted to assault him at ITO in central Delhi. #FarmLaws

The Delhi Police Tuesday resorted to lathi-charge and tear gas at the Singhu border after protesting farmers breached barricades set up to thwart them from entering the national capital. The police had permitted farmers to enter the city after the official Republic Day parade at Rajpath.

12:13 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Farmers protest at Tikri border: Tractors stuck in traffic jams, farmers park themselves on road.

Since tractors for the tractor rally are stuck at the Tikri border, several farmers have parked themselves on the road.

12:03 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Sonipat: Heavy traffic jam along Delhi border

In Sonipat, on the other hand, the situation remained peaceful, with the youth singing revolutionary songs on their tractors and jeeps. The heavy traffic jam along the route to Delhi has prevented the farmers from moving ahead. They have switched off their tractors and other vehicles for the time being. (Sukhbir Siwach reports)

A bus used by the police was damaged in the stone-pelting at the Singhu border
11:48 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Some elements who want to disturb peaceful movement: Satnam Singh Sidhu

Most of the farmers want a peaceful movement to Delhi. Some elements want to disturb the peaceful movement. But we won’t succeed them. They tried to provoke some farmers Monday evening too”. Satnam Singh Sidhu, Vice- President, Indian Farmers Association, Punjab, said. (Sukhbir Siwach reports)

11:43 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Tractors are stuck in a traffic jam at the Tikri border

Meanwhile, tractors are stuck in a traffic jam at the Tikri border. Our correspondent Anya Shankar spoke to protesting farmers at the border.

We will continue walking the whole way. Do mahine se to ruke hi hue hain Tikri pe, ab aur kya rukna? (Have been waiting for two months, why wait anymore?)” Ranbir Singh, a farmer from Haryana, told her when asked if they will stop or continue

11:34 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Tractors returning to Singhu protest site

Tractors and farmers now turn back towards the Singhu border in Delhi.

11:31 (IST)26 JAN 2021

Tractors at Ghazipur border

Tractors bearing flags could be seen, along with locals on both sides of the road showering petals on cavalcades, as security personnel tried to convince farmers to stick to the decided plan of holding the tractor parade after the conclusion of the Republic Day parade at the Rajpath. (Ashna Bhutani reports)

Security personnel tried to convince farmers to stick to the decided plan of holding the tractor parade after the conclusion of the Republic Day parade

11:25 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Farmers removing police barricading at Mukarba Chowk in Delhi

11:19 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Tractors rally: Heavy tear gas shelling at Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar

Heavy tear gas shelling at Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar

11:17 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Farmers protest: Situation peaceful in Sonipat.

In contrast, the situation is peaceful at the Sonipat border. Farmers are moving slowly on tractors and jeeps. (Sukhbir Siwach reports)

11:13 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Farmers protest: Farmers climb atop a police water cannon vehicle.

The tractor rally from the Singhu border reached the Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar in Delhi. It would proceed towards DTU-Shahbad-SB Dairy-Darwala- Bawana T-point- Kanjawala Chowk-Kharkhoda toll plaza.

11:06 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Singhu border: Mild lathi charge, protestors in control

The farmers have crossed the barricades, and now they are removing the containers and buses used to block the road. Police have been pushed to the roadside. One or two teargas shells and mild lathi charge, but protestors are in control. (Sofi Ahsan reports)

11:04 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Singhu border: Bus used by the police damaged in stone-pelting

10:59 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Tractors rally LIVE: Teargas fired at farmers at Singhu border

At the Singhu border, teargas has been fired at the protesting farmers. The majority of farmers have stopped while some have moved ahead. (Sofi Ahsan reports from Singhu border)

10:57 (IST)26 JAN 2021
Lathicharge, stone-pelting at Singhu border as farmers break police barricades.

Chaos prevailed at Delhi’s Singhu border as police resorted to a lathi-charge after protesting farmers broke the remaining police barricades. According to officials, security personnel tried to convince the farmers that they have been permitted to hold their tractor parade in Delhi after the Republic Day parade at the Rajpath concludes.

Tractors at Ghazipur border for the farmers’ Republic Day march in New Delhi on Saturday.

Featured Image Source: Wikimedia

More from Soumita Sen

By Shakir

By Sushil Kuwar

By Akshay S