A year of so many things. I do agree that 2020 wasn’t a wonderful year of a lot of events of happiness. But c’mon, if time is not co-operative, it doesn’t mean everything is going to turn bad. Always remember, whatever is going on all around, “Good things are everywhere, we just need to change our outlook.”
For me, 2020 was a year of realisation in which I got a lot of opportunities to learn new things. In other words, 2020 was like that strict teacher who doesn’t seem good to us, but in reality, they teach us perfectly.
I would like to share with you all a short story of mine.
For my studies, I was staying away from my home in a rental house back when the pandemic had just started and the Covid situation in India was not that furious. But all of the sudden, our Prime Minister announced a lockdown, and after hearing this news, I got stressed out. I started overthinking and due to this useless act by me, I fell sick. Next day in the morning, I found that I had fever and that wasn’t normal at all. I couldn’t go anywhere for the treatment due to all the restrictions during the lockdown and obviously due to the fear of Covid.
I decided to visit a nearby medical store for some medicines. I went there and came back. I was lying on my bed after I took my medicines. Suddenly, my house helper informed me that she would not be coming till the situation gets better. I was like, “Okay!” It shouldn’t be a problem for me because I’m kinda really comfortable with doing most of the household chores. But, but but. One thing that got me into trouble was that she also used to cook for me and honestly, I am not a good cook at all.
So, like any other individual, I called my mother and she suggested me to prepare khichri for myself. My physical weakness and my mental stress were not cooperating and I was not able to move properly. But still, I had to cook something because one can’t starve, right? With lots of courage, I moved towards my kitchen and started collecting my cooking ingredients.
Although my body temperature was getting back to normal, that feverish feeling was still there. I started preparing my food with the help of my mother and she was on call throughout. Honestly speaking, that was one of the most beautiful moments of my life 🙂 . Finally, my food was ready. I also burned my hand a bit, but who cares about these things after success. While I was leaving the kitchen, I felt that I had made this place very messy.
It seemed like I was not cooking for myself but for some kind of Bhandara. Yes, it was that messy. So I arranged the kitchen because my cleanliness streak was hitting me hard. Afterwards, I took my plate in the balcony and was enjoying my food while watching some good stuff on the internet . Yes, I was happy with my efforts. As the days passed, my cooking skill started improving. I had more time for my studies and yes, I tried to utilise it really well. I learned some healthy tips, too, like consuming honey without adding anything protects you from cough and mental stress and improves your overall health.
In 2020, many people were getting cranky. There could be many reasons for this, but for me, the whole scenario was a little bit different. I was stressed a bit, but not that much because I had accepted that this is the truth. And we can’t do anything except hoping for the best. And yes, it is also true that living alone is my favourite thing. Yes, you are guessing it right. I am a happy introvert and this thing was really helping me inside and outside. That’s why, I was feeling calmer unlike other people around me.
At last, I will say that the pandemic situation was not good for anyone around this globe, what matters is how you were accepting it. The year 2020 could be 70% negative, but obviously, 30% of it was positive.
But I can say now that I was able to convert that negativity into positivity and for me, I made the year 90 % positive. And for the rest 10% of the negativity, the credit goes to rumours.
Now I am at my own home with my family, enjoying everything and of course, learning more and more.
What I learnt during the lockdown:
— You shouldn’t stop because you can’t do it.
— Your existence for yourself is mandatory.
— To learn something, you have to be little bit adventurous.
And at last , if you have zero skills in cooking, listen to your favourite cook. For me, my mom is the best cook I have ever known.