Throbbing tooth pain can signify tooth damage, cavity, infection, sensitivity, or different underlying causes. Both adults and children can develop toothache and knowing its underlying causes is imperative for the right treatment. You can visit a dental clinic in Pune to seek proper diagnosis and treatment for tooth pain.
Below are some underlying causes of throbbing tooth pain that you should not ignore and visit the best dentist in Pune on seeing any of the following symptoms.
- Tooth Decay– Tooth decay or cavity is the most common cause of throbbing pain. It happens because bacteria attack and eat away at the hard enamel of the tooth. Our mouth already is a host to several bacteria, but overeating sugary and oily food sticks and attracts the harmful bacterias and pathogens on teeth and causes decay eventually. Tooth decay might look like small black or brown spots.
- Tooth Fracture– A crack or a small dent in the teeth allows more food to trap in it and become an entry point for bacteria, deepening the cracks further. This causes subtle to strong quiver in teeth, nerves, and gums.
- Infected Gums– Also called gingivitis, the rotting of gums is caused due to infection. This condition makes gums inflamed. Gingivitis or periodontitis also triggers throbbing tooth pain as one of the symptoms. Gum disease is one of the major causes of tooth loss in adults.
- Fitting dental appliances– Newly fixed appliances such as orthodontic headgear or braces typically shift the teeth while adjusting, changing teeth orientation, and eventually causing tooth pain. However, the pain is not a serious issue and can be treated with over-the-counter ( OTC) pain relievers.
- Dental infection– Dental infections can be caused by different underlying reasons such as an injury, tooth shift, gum sores, or cavities. They can make the gums inflamed, causing throbbing tooth pain.
- Tooth Injury or Trauma– If you have had a face injury in the past, it could be a reason for a toothache. All the injuries are not visible, especially the ones hidden below the gumline. The pain may be severely indicated as throbbing pain in the entire gum and teeth. Sometimes, a broken filling can also cause pain in the gums.
- Weak enamel-A weak enamel may cause the outer tooth layer to chip off easily, exposing the inner layer of a tooth, which is sensitive. Soft enamel can make the tooth more fragile, causing tingling and throbbing sensations in the tooth and increased sensitivity to heat and cold.
- Sinusitis– Sinuses are the air passage in the nose. The inflammation of sinuses caused due to allergies and infections is called sinusitis. It causes blockage of the airway, nasal discharge, headaches, and toothaches as consequences. The toothache may range from mild to severe.
How can a Dentist help?
Dentists can help by taking the right measures for correct diagnosis. They may take a physical test or a preliminary examination through x-ray or scan the mouth to figure out the leading cause of pain. Sometimes, the mouth acts as a window to look into health conditions and other interrelated diseases.
The Creative Dental Clinic employs technologically advanced equipment and the best dentists in Pune to give the best possible treatment. Are you having dental issues? Contact us to consult our dental experts right away.