This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Krishna Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Opinion: There Is No Democracy In “Election To Election” Politics

More from Krishna Singh

Despite the democratic election, of any form, in any form of ‘democratic’ set up, the verdict has been rendered absurd, from its start to the end. With or without EVMs, and during the formation of a government and later, when it is toppled with the mass defected ‘Lawmakers’. The voters take the pain to come to election booths in the hope of a better future that they don’t get.

Voting For 2nd Phase Of Bihar Assembly Elections 2020
Representational Image

Voters come out in hopes of making a better future but are ultimately betrayed by politicians.

The story is not different in the US, African countries, and Latin American nations, where even the popularly elected governments are toppled by the CIA assisted coup-de-tat. like in Bolivia (Here, by the way, in re-election, the previous, toppled government was restored with popular support in the election), Myanmar (earlier in Chile, Burkina Faso, and dozens of others!). Presidential or other forms make no difference.

Besides, even if you have your own government, they go against what they promised you before the election! And this trend is universal, at least with all the Right Wing political parties. By the way, it is not only their dishonesty in doing so and backstabbing you but their inability to do so. To fulfill the promises of 100% employment, provide you education and health services, housing and transport facilities, give you sufficient rest and entertainment time, capitalism has to be superseded with socialism, and that is inimical to them!

Yet, your perseverance is admirable, in having unshakable faith in the election process, which is although your democratic right, but has no democratic outcomes! The existing ruling class or the exploiting class (The capitalist or the bourgeois class) is happy with your faith in all forms of the ‘democratic’ process, including election, judiciary, media.

Irrespective of your protests, rallies, mass movements, civil disobedience, even if they turn into violent movements, arsons, the loot of ‘public’ property, they are not unduly bothered, they do not lose any sleep over the losses, as they know, their hegemony or their empire is intact.

Capitalism will continue to exist in different forms (social democracy to fascism). The losses are recovered in due time at your cost, but if socialism is established (where they lose their state power and means of production, private property, and the means as well as right/ability to hire your labor power and exploit you, usurp surplus value created by you), they will lose their empire forever, as restoration of capitalism, like in erstwhile USSR, is not a recurrent theme.

And they know it. Their think tanks, advisers, the political and bureaucratic managers know it. They work day and night, throughout the year, with their intelligence, institutions, and their planted (or even unplanned ones, like revisionists, opportunists, traitors of the working class) ‘leaders’ in the revolutionary parties.

When required they assassinate the leaders, cadres, arrest them without provocations (happening en-mass in India, Brazil, African nations, Pakistan, Bangladesh), that is, destroy them physically. Their clout is all over the world, in every country, and in every institution.

And the present leaders of the Communist Parties, Revolutionaries are for “Election to Election” politics, they prefer Reformist Line over Revolutionary Line, Parliamentary Path over Revolutionary Path, so are their cadres and sympathizers and the people. It is not people’s fault but that of their leaders, as the people or the Proletariat can not appreciate the need of the revolutionary changes, which will free them from the chronic want of the material or spiritual needs, on their own, but need the help of the revolutionary party and ideology from ‘outside’!

Before I close this article, let us have a look at one quote,

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.” Vladimir Lenin.

All the best to you, whoever you may be! But must think once again, what you want and what are you doing! Are they on a similar line, in sync?

Onward for Revolution!

1. Krishna Singh

Can you see a trend? See in J&K, RSS/BJP come to power with the help of PDP, takes over J&K and destroys PDP & J&K. Alliance with JDU in Bihar, captures Bihar, JDU will be extinguished. Allied with SP/BSP in UP and now both the allies are marginalized. Will AIDMK in TN survive?
    Bengal is bit different, where TMC destroyed Left, and now with similar tactics, BJP is destroying TMC. TMC was a stage for extreme Right to take over a Left Bengal. its state machinery, and is on death bed.
    SS in Maharashtra is exception, because of its smart thinking.
    NE is not different, where a non-existent BJP has become allied with the ruling party or main opposition, with one or zero MLA!
    The bourgeois class and its political managers, think tanks, touts are very clever, and are taking over the states, one after another (after they usurped the power at the Center, taking the help of JLPB movement), with or without popular mandate!
    If Left or the working class party comes to power, makes its won state machinery, should it not do similar acts, albeit to construct Socialism?

More from Krishna Singh

By Prashant Pawar

By Mir Mohsi

By Saraf Ali