TW: Mentions Of Rape, Violence Against Women
Right off the bat when we talk about women’s violence, the first matter that will fall in everyone’s mind i.e. rape. I believe this has become a ritual in our society that some people follow undoubtedly. Not only focusing on rape cases but different violence against women has become a news headline in an everyday newspaper.
The Hathras gangrape shocked the nation.
We as commoners talk about this matter only when it’s an alarming situation or has given a rise to this matter otherwise this is an ordinary issue for us. It’s easy for us when we talk about this issue effortlessly, but the women who actually face this problem, we cannot even imagine their situation. So, being a citizen of Ranchi I want to state a case that will give you cold shivers when you will read.
On the 3rd of January, a naked and headless body of a woman was found in Jharkhand near Ormanjhi in capital Ranchi. I was stunned when I read this headline that people have become so ridiculously heartless, that they do anything they want. At first, the policemen were unable to find the real culprit because every proof was concealed, also the woman was left unidentified as the culprit had put some salt in her face so to suppress this case.
Ultimately this case was then supervised by CBI and eventually they left no stone unturned in finding the wrongdoer. Since there are still more cases to be talked over but I want to mention some of them which were really upsetting and offending for all of us.
• Hathras Case being the major issue uttered from everyone’s mouth, this case left us dumbstruck and it’s heart-wrenching that still in the 21st century Dalit are treated as slaves in our society. Girl’s parents were not even allowed to see her daughter and it’s disgraceful being a part of this society
• The case in Mumbai in which a girl’s boyfriend and a friend allegedly murdered her on the night of the new year.
• Also stating the fact that there are a lot of cases which are unheard till now.
What was the fault of those women? Has male chauvinism been taken to this level that they are free to do anything with women?
These women have only tolerated their pain in silence. And being a girl I startle each and every day to even step outside my home alone. Not only me, but this is the condition of every second girl now. So with this, I want to put together some of the ideas which will really help to deal with this crucial world
• Awareness campaign must be held so to seek knowledge about this issue
• Let your girl child know about good touch and bad touch
• Creating ‘nukkad natak (street play)’ for a demonstration of whole thing in an innovative manner
• Sex education in school is again very important to learn when it comes to violence.
• Learning self-defense
• Heavy punishment with a high penalty when cases like this happen, no mercy shall prevail.
At last, I want to wrap up by adding that we have to make our country free from violence and thus it’s our duty to protect ourselves from these circumstances so as to get forewarned if anything happens wrong at that certain time.