This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Anish Bachchan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

My Gripes with few certain group

More from Anish Bachchan

We always have a complaint about something. In my case, it was some of the teachers in school (This does not apply to a lot of teachers who are good). You know those frustrated egotistical untrained professionals who think that they deserve respect even though they don’t and the only thing they have over us is age and authority. When they’re emotional, they have the authority to piss all over us but not the other way around. If we do the same thing to them, we were penalised.

They’re just taking out their frustration in the name of strictness. If they’re so incapable of getting their act together then why do they even bother teaching us? They don’t know that we have our own emotions and frustration and the moment we snap, it’ll be disastrous for them and for us. They love to belittle us at the parents-teachers meeting and they love to scream at us when we make a mistake. Keep in mind, they’re just strangers and whatever they say is just talking out of their sorry butts so don’t take it seriously.

I know it can take a toll on the mental health but it’s the world we are living in. Mental health is a joke that exists only in the psychology books of CBSE. Our current education system doesn’t even know, let alone understand what mental health is. So yeah, we have to deal with some such teachers and their ego problems. It’s almost like seeing Justin Bieber’s egotistical behaviour in them. This is what happens when parents and society put these people on a pedestal and it leads a toxic environment.

These people act like they’re the President of the United States. Yes, teachers are not the be-all-end-all in our lives and they have flaws as well. Yes, they have good intentions, and yes few rotten apples shouldn’t ruin the entire basket. But these few rotten apples are becoming a huge problem, so choose the people who you let affect yourself. Besides, I’ve learned more about the world from the internet especially from YouTube than I did in school. How many of us have learned English from movies, video games, conversation or anime than in school? In my case, I didn’t learn English in school at all.

Another type of group is those people think that they’re important. Especially the 90s kids, lapdogs (class monitors, head boy/girl), social media activists and so on. Man, this might sound unpopular but I frigging hate the 90s kids. They think they are important because they enjoyed their childhood, teenage years and their youth in the 1990s. Back then when people had a lot of time to play outdoor games and watch cartoons or movies but times had changed. These people have this delusion of grandeur. In other words, they have this god complex and superiority complex.

In other words, they try to bully and mock people who are in the 2000s and 2010s just because of societal, cultural and technological change. They try to feel superior every time the people from the 2000s and 2010s do something that changes the status quo even though they get horny when they look at Instagram posts of what the 90s kids have done when in reality these pages are just exploiting the nostalgia just to gain likes and views. Might I remind them that isn’t the 90s anymore so they needed to wake up and snap back to reality?

Keep in mind that they’re just the folks who were either born in the late 90s or didn’t have any difficulty, unlike the current generation where we have to deal with the toxic education system, inflation and the declining economy, Covid-19 pandemic, rise of crime rate, societal change and so on.

Another group of people who think that they’re important are social media activists. Keep in mind, these groups are either liberals or bhakts. They think that sharing sensitive subject matter that exists in our country is great. They love to cite sources like TheTatva or Al Jazeera. The former is just rage baiting page for the bhakts where they believe that other communities might cause harm to the majority community, the latter is the selective outrage baiting news network for the liberals.

Al Jazeera loves to lecture everyone about human rights violations and secularism but keep in mind, they are owned by the Qatar government. It is also be noted that Qatar has its own human rights abuses where women, migrant workers and people of the LGBTQIA community are treated as a second class citizen. So Al Jazeera is in no place to lecture the public about human rights. In simple words, Al Jazeera is just as biased as CNN, Republic TV, Aaj Tak, Fox News, Clickbaiting BuzzFeed news.

Social media activist is also the people who rage on everything and everyone. The recent murder of Rinku Sharma because he allegedly asked for Ram Mandir Donations, the arrest of Munawar Faruqui over some alleged jokes regarding religious deities he didn’t even crack, the arrest of Disha Ravi because she was sharing the toolkit made by Greta “How Dare You” Thunberg, and the Agrima Joshua incident where the comedian got rape threats over a joke regarding Shivaji Maharaj or people raging about Danny Fernandes because he criticised the situation that was created in the aftermath of SSR’s death are the few examples where social media activist were at their worst.

Both sides (Liberals and Bhakts) are just arguing by either defending or condemning the above-mentioned people and they always try to find some angle on even the smallest of things. Did I forget to mention that they put celebrities like Kangana Ranaut, Swara Bhaskar etc. on a pedestal even they are the last group of people who should be put up on a pedestal? Anyway, their political opinions that they share on social media are so outrageous that I don’t even want to talk about it.

And don’t get me started on standup comedians and roasters.

Let’s talk about roasters first. In 2016 LeafyisHere popularised the roasting content on YouTube and CarryMinati brought that content to India, which brought him a lot of popularity. Fast forward to 2021, the aftermath of YouTube vs TikTok, we saw not only the rise of roasters but also the rise of toxicity and oversaturation they brought with it. Roasters love to roast someone they thought to be inferior like TikTokers. And they’ve made 10s or 50s of roasting videos on TikTokers. However, in April 2020 when 2 TikTokers, Amir Siddiqui and Revolver Rani finally responded to the YouTubers, lot of roasters just retaliated in the most condescending way.

Minati’s video almost broke a huge record for the most liked non musical video. When Carry’s video on Siddiqui got deleted because it violates YouTube policies things got escalated. The roasters gave the 14-year-olds the justification to use homophobic words. Those words really offended the people of the LGBTQIA+ community which I’ve talked about earlier. Carry also made three videos in order to gain sympathy as well as to milk on this situation.

The third video, Yalgaar has made 209 million views on YouTube. In my opinion, the only reason why Carry, Lakshay, Elvish and the other roasters got so popular on YouTube is because of Leafy. Without him they wouldn’t be so popular. The roasters are nothing more than Leafy clones. I don’t really have anything much to say about MostlySane and Anisha Dixit, other than the fact they’re Lilly Singh clones and like Lilly, their content is bland friendly and unfunny.

And then there are the standup comedians. In my personal opinion, I don’t like them, especially Kunal Kamra. When he made a roast video on Carryminati, he knew he will get hate from the kids so that he could gain some clout. Or when he made some tweets about the Supreme Court or whatever he did, he knows creating controversy will get him attention. He’s a smart guy but boy o boy, is he so unfunny.

His jokes are mostly political and so unfunny that I feel like we’ve put these comedians and roasters on a pedestal long enough. Most stand up comedians only make political statements rather than joking about them. Even if they make it, they are so bad that they make Adam Sandler movies look magnum opus. The only reason they’re doing this is that they know that they’ll get money, clout, fame and a reason to run their house.

Other than that I have nothing more to say about them. It’s the post-Filthy Frank Internet Comedy we are living in. If Idubbbz, Filthy Frank or Leafy would be making a content cop like the video they could easily destroy Kamra and Minati. But things always don’t go our way. Idubbbz stopped making content cop video anymore, Filthy Frank left youtube in 2017 and Leafy’s channel is terminated following the Pokimane Controversy. I have no personal hate against Kamra and Minati. I just don’t like the things that going on in the current day and age internet especially with these two people involved.

So in conclusion, this is my take on the people I have a problem with. That’s all I have to say for now.

More from Anish Bachchan

By Arnav kaushik

By Hyder Ali Ashrafi

By Parwej Ansari