This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Shareerspeak. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Here’s How To Take A Break From Your Deadlines And Make A Daily Self-Care Routine

More from Shareerspeak

Most of us struggle to practise self-care every day. We often forget this simple logic that if we are not healthy, we cannot progress in our work.

What Is Self-Care According To Me?

Self-care is a conscious act that a person performs to improve their physical, mental and emotional health. There are many kinds of self-care. The basic idea of self-care is to do things that make you feel good. But that does not mean that we leave ourselves exhausted and depleted after self-care. We should avoid things like partying frantically at some bar or pressurising our bodies for some adrenaline rush. You are supposed to take care of your body and mind. If you are not getting enough self-care, here’s something that might help you out.

Here are some daily reminders that you need every day.

Most of us struggle to practise self-care daily. We often forget this simple logic that if we not healthy, we cannot progress in our work.

How To Create A Daily Self-Care Routine To Improve Your Mind, Body And Soul?

Overworking leads to a burnout. Taking time out for breaks itself seems like a huge deal and obviously, even the thought of spending time on self-care might make you feel guilty. It is difficult to stick to a solid routine amidst one’s workload and deadlines, yet, you crave a few minutes of leisure to spend them with yourself. Here’s something I would like to share with you so that you can make a little routine that will be easy as well as peaceful to follow.

According to Cosmopolitan, ‘The Blissful Mind’ is the most loved self-care blog to date. Here is an excerpt from the blog:

“Our health and overall well-being is not a one-sided thing. Our physical, mental and spiritual health are deeply connected and work together to create harmony or discontent in our lives. These elements can strongly affect each other. When your body is unhealthy, your mind might suffer. If you’re not fuelling your soul, you might have trouble finding the physical energy to do anything.”

That’s why I believe that we should create a daily routine that helps us to take care of these different aspects of your life. When you make time for your mind, body and soul every day, you can practice self-care effortlessly.

Georgia O’Keefe once said, “If you take a flower in your hand and look at it, it’s your world for a moment.” Human beings are like flowers, if they get nurtured properly, they grow up to bloom beautifully.  With that in mind, here’s what my usual routine looks like:

Exercise and Diet are Important for Weight Loss
Representational image

Body

Long walks have always been my go-to cardio. Honestly, exercising has never been my cup of tea. I feel exercising is exhausting and somehow it pressurises my body. Meanwhile, walks relax you mind and help you to connect with nature. And you could lose about one pound per week just by walking 10,000 steps a day.

Zumba is another healthy option. If you practice Zumba for 40 minutes a day, it releases endorphins that make you happy. You can also opt for yoga. Yoga is practised by a lot of people and is considered to be the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. You can also hit the gym for an hour if you wish to lose pounds more quickly, but do not forget your everyday bottle of detox water.

Mind

yoga

Since our body is connected to our mind, we need to practice mental exercises along with our physical exercises. I do this via meditation. Thus, every morning, I get out of my bed, freshen up, place a mat in my verandah, cross my legs and inhale and exhale deep breaths. Reading inspirational books and listening to fresh pop music also helps me start my day from a positive place. TED talks have always been a part of my life. Listening to a 15-minute podcast of inspiring ideas might help you find a purpose in life.

Soul

The soul is not a concrete entity. But what I have learned is that a good, optimistic mind leads to a peaceful soul. You can feel inspired, have a good laugh, and frankly speaking, a lo-fi chill. That means a good movie or series on Netflix, a good book of your preferred genre, a tub of ice cream or a jar of Nutella, and some pizza or good comfort food might help. This might seem unproductive and a little unhealthy, but after all, the bunch of happiness you get at the end of the day makes it worth it.

To conclude, I would say: ‘Do whatever you love you to do.’ You have got one life, live it. There will be regrets, obstacles and various mishaps, but what is life if not a rollercoaster ride? Boost up your hormones and do not forget to look up to the sunny side because there is always a silver lining.

Read your favourite books. Pen down your thoughts in a journal. Take a refreshing shower or a warm-scented bath. Eat healthy and tasty foods. Dress up for yourself and wear anything you like. Put all your effort to prove to everybody, but mostly yourself, that you are capable of achieving anything and everything. Give time to your hobbies. Give time to your relationships. Try to corner the negatives as much as possible by talking out or venting. And last but not the least, believe in yourself because that’s what will make you love yourself.

“You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.” ~ C. Joybell C.

Written by: Mercy Nag

More from Shareerspeak

By Nandini Agarwal

By YuWaah India

By Priya Prakash