This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ritwik Trivedi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Mamata In Nandigram And The BJP’s Missing ‘Get Well Soon’ Card For Her

More from Ritwik Trivedi

Ideally, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) should have wished for Mamata didi a speedy recovery from the incident that happened in Nandigram on March 11, 2021. Banerjee filed her nomination from Nandigram and was heading for a campaign where she severely injuring her ankle while addressing the crowd. It would have been politically correct had the BJP backed out from attaching a motive to this incident aimed at translating sympathies into votes.

Why should Mamata’s government call for additional security forces when the local administration is competent enough to tackle the law and order situation as per the argument of the BJP top brass? I remember how their leadership came up hard against didi’s administration when their party President JP Nadda was allegedly heckled by unidentified goons owing their allegiance to the Trinamool. Still, Banerjee, a sharp and skilled politician, stayed back from offering interview bites, opinions and comments readily ensuring the best possible for Nadda.

Contrarily, the BJP fairs poorly when it comes to dealing with its opponents by naming and shaming them as though they committed a blunder by making a carrier in politics. As for the differences and disagreements that make politics purposeful and democratically healthy with due regards, let me remind Mr JP Nadda and Amit Shah that Mamata Banerjee was a Cabinet Minister in the Vajpayee-led NDA government.

Though ideologically opposed to the BJP, she saw a great occasion and opportunity to work under Vajpayee’s leadership, promoting effective and efficient governance and ensuring the welfare and well-being of the common and ordinary. Shouldn’t Modiji be asking his cadres, workers and supporters to take lessons from history while connecting with those who have remained penchant critics of the right wing BJP?

Modi shared a special bond with Pranab dada for the latter’s authority, command, expertise and experience as a leader and statesman, willingly guiding Modi on foreign policy issues and subjects. PM Modi has categorically confessed this fact on record as he was thoroughly impressed with dada’s genuine. Pranab Mukherjee was conferred with Bharat Ratna by the Modi government for his exemplary insights on important fields of nation building.

Despite his party’s reservations, dada paid a visit to the RSS headquarters in June 2016, where he was warmly received and greeted by its head Mohan Bhagwat. This reminded the Sangh of restoring its faith in the unity, diversity and plurality of the country by honouring each and every practice and belief system alike.

This was hugely acclaimed, appreciated and acknowledged by those who are against the idea espoused by the Sangh and its affiliates. It would have been a welcome step had the BJP come forward in greeting didi with the same reverence and regard discounting on their respective political principles, positions and privileges.

At the end, they are netas and will have to accept electoral victory and losses with a pinch of salt.

More from Ritwik Trivedi

By

By Ashish Kumar

By khabar khand